The Travelling Superzoom - anyone up for it?

Well £4 to take a few shots on Olympus compact 105g zoom doesn't excite me and can't see any fun when I've just got my F4 :grumpy: ............ I have a 105g so if someone was to pass a Leica around. o_O :rolleyes:

Well £4 to take a few shots on Olympus compact 105g zoom doesn't excite me and can't see any fun when I've just got my F4 :grumpy: ............ I have a 105g so if someone was to pass a Leica around. o_O :rolleyes:

You'll be relieved that I decided against my original plan of forcefully conscripting people to take part then Brian. :D

Also, my idea of the "Travelling Plaubel Makina" fell through when I realised I didn't own one.

Well £4 to take a few shots on Olympus compact 105g zoom doesn't excite me I

I was hoping that you would be involved and have possesion of the compact just prior to me so that it would cost you more like a tenner** to post on! :runaway::naughty::wideyed::ROFLMAO:

@FishyFish ** that's a figure off the top of my head although if I participate, it will cost me the equivalent of that to post back to the UK from here, but the French postal service aint "cheap" like what you have there!:exit::LOL:

Asha can have my spot, Mrs Snap can shoot for the both of us and I shall direct matters a la Gregory Crewdson :)

And I'm happy to forward on to him after we've done. (y)

Last edited:
Asha can have my spot, Mrs Snap can shoot for the both of us and I shall direct matters a la Gregory Crewdson :)
Have you informed Mrs Snap of your cunning plan and can we all come and watch when you attempt to do the directing?

Let's just hope that @Mrs Snap doesn't see this thread...

I'm afraid that all my posts are vetted by Mrs Snap in advance to avoid any unpleasantness.....:thinking:

@FishyFish

Half way already to fill the gap to make it 18 if we reinstate Andy and take on Amanda and Carl.

Ultimatley it's your project / thread so your choice but imo, the more the better;)

If @Strappy drops out then I'll be having words with him:bat: ……..from a distance!:LOL:

@FishyFish

Half way already to fill the gap to make it 18 if we reinstate Andy and take on Amanda and Carl.

Ultimatley it's your project / thread so your choice but imo, the more the better;)

If @Strappy drops out then I'll be having words with him:bat: ……..from a distance!:LOL:

There's no real rush, so I can keep it open a while longer in case we get a few more interested parties. Even if we get 17, that'd be alright (someone would just get a few bonus shots at the end).

If you get more people and don't want to reduce the number of shots per person, we're happy to reload with a new film from the stash. Got plenty of Kodak colour plus and don't mind donating one to the cause

That's not a bad idea, thanks. Two shots each is perhaps a little limiting (if we have 18-ish participants), so a mid-point "pit-stop" would allow that to be doubled.

If you get more people and don't want to reduce the number of shots per person, we're happy to reload with a new film from the stash. Got plenty of Kodak colour plus and don't mind donating one to the cause

Think I’ve might have a roll or two of Agfa Vista hiding somewhere.

Right, so as there have been no additional takers since last week, this is the current list. My thought is that, subject to a mid-season re-load of the camera, we can all have five shots each (with probably a spare shot or two at the end of each 36 exp roll). Is everyone below still interested in taking part?

If so, my thoughts are as follows...

I will take my five shots first and then send the camera on to @Asha to avoid anyone else having to pay the overseas postage, The rest of the field can be randomized with the exception of @Mrs Snap, who will be a place number eight so that she can reload the camera at the halfway point.

When person #7 gets the camera, they should take their five shots (and any bonus frames still remaining) before posting the camera and film on to @Mrs Snap. When she gets the camera and film, I'll paypal some cash to cover the cost of sending the film to Filmdev along with the details to go on the Filmdev order form so that I pay for the processing.

The camera with second roll of film will then go to each of the remaining participants until the last person posts it back to me where I'll get the second film processed too.

Does that sound ok to everyone?

List of participants
============
FishyFish
@sirch
@RaglanSurf
@Harlequin565
@simon ess
@Strappy
@desf
@medwaygreen
@Mrs Snap
@Asha
@angelpaaul
@StephenM
@Carl Hall
@Cheese Scientist

Sounds nige on perfect( sorry couldn't resist!;)) to me Nige! (y)
I will take my five shots first and then send the camera on to @Asha
:runaway:Can someone give me a crash course on how to use/ switch on a compact please?:runaway:…..I haven't a clue when it comes to these battery / electriconically operated cameras:runaway:

Presumably the scene in the viewfinder is inverse??:thinking:

If not then I'm going to have to "stand" on my head to compose!:wideyed::LOL:.....FIVE times!!!:help:

The villagers already beliieve that I'm as nutty as a nut roast without more confirmation!:crying:

Last edited:
For me, the loss of the images (and people’s time) would be the main issue. While I don’t want the camera to go missing, it only cost me £2 when I originally bought it, so I’m not going to be calling the insurance company. :)

that's it exactly - I was bloody mortified when I thought Helga the Holga had vanished into the Ether in Deepest Darkest Devonian sorting offices... Didn't give a rats arse about the camera, or even the 3-4 rollst of unexposed stock with it... just the roll of film that was unprocessed

...I just wonder how long the camera will last being posted 50 odd times a year?

well - a POS plastic fantastic Holga survived a dozen or more attempts by the postal service to reduce it to a pile of plastic crumb. As far as I remember it basically lost one piece of foam that damped the film winding mechanism, and that was it. It still works as well - or as badly - as the day it left the factory. ;)

sensible sized box, loads of bubble wrap, she'll be right...

When she gets the camera and film, I'll paypal some cash to cover the cost of sending the film to Filmdev along with the details to go on the Filmdev order form so that I pay for the processing.
No need to send me any money for the postage to Filmdev. However, if you want to donate an equivalent amount to Alzheimer's Research, that would be much appreciated. :)

Sounds nige on perfect( sorry couldn't resist!;)) to me Nige! (y)

:runaway:Can someone give me a crash course on how to use/ switch on a compact please?:runaway:…..I haven't a clue when it comes to these battery / electriconically operated cameras:runaway:

Presumably the scene in the viewfinder is inverse??:thinking:

If not then I'm going to have to "stand" on my head to compose!:wideyed::LOL:.....FIVE times!!!:help:

The villagers already beliieve that I'm as nutty as a nut roast without more confirmation!:crying:

I'll stick some basic instructions in the box with the camera, but there's not a lot to do with it other than slide the clamshell open to switch it on, maybe switch off the flash (which auto-fires if there's insufficient light), and then close the clamshell to switch it off when finished. The zoom is easy to use, but I'd advise against using it from personal experience as all my shots with the zoom fully engaged have been pretty crappy.

Sounds good to me. I guess all updates will go on this thread so we can monitor where things are at?

Right, so as there have been no additional takers since last week, this is the current list. My thought is that, subject to a mid-season re-load of the camera, we can all have five shots each (with probably a spare shot or two at the end of each 36 exp roll). Is everyone below still interested in taking part?

If so, my thoughts are as follows...

I will take my five shots first and then send the camera on to @Asha to avoid anyone else having to pay the overseas postage, The rest of the field can be randomized with the exception of @Mrs Snap, who will be a place number eight so that she can reload the camera at the halfway point.

When person #7 gets the camera, they should take their five shots (and any bonus frames still remaining) before posting the camera and film on to @Mrs Snap. When she gets the camera and film, I'll paypal some cash to cover the cost of sending the film to Filmdev along with the details to go on the Filmdev order form so that I pay for the processing.

The camera with second roll of film will then go to each of the remaining participants until the last person posts it back to me where I'll get the second film processed too.

List of participants
============
FishyFish
@sirch
@RaglanSurf
@Harlequin565
@simon ess
@Strappy
@desf
@medwaygreen
@Mrs Snap
@Asha
@angelpaaul
@StephenM
@Carl Hall
@Cheese Scientist

Apart from yourself Asha and Mrs Snap,if everyone else is random who is going to keep a track of who has shot their quota and who to send to next and enquire for an address?

Apart from yourself Asha and Mrs Snap,if everyone else is random who is going to keep a track of who has shot their quota and who to send to next and enquire for an address?

I'll pick a randomized list and then post it here so everyone will know which slot they have when it starts.

Back