The Travelling Superzoom - anyone up for it?

So I have collected the travelling superzoom from the PO, it will be back on its way soon :D

Excellent idea - unwrap, photograph the PO, repack. Quick and easy :)

I thought it was all selfies so that you would know whose photos they were? :exit:

That idea was cancelled due to massively increased risk of lens glass fracture before the camera left its second recipient![emoji51]

I did a mirror selfie with one of mine! Flash went of tho so it's probably rubbish.

The travelling superzoom is now on its way to @sirch in Cumbria :D

Almost at the halfway point and the first batch of piccies!

When this happens I'll request scans from Filmdev, obviously, but will wait until I get the negs back before sharing the results. This is because the scan ordering from Filmdev doesn't usually match the frame numbers on the negs and they'll likely be muddled up, so if I wait I'll be able to properly attribute the shots.

... will wait until I get the negs back before sharing the results. This is because the scan ordering from Filmdev doesn't usually match the frame numbers on the negs and they'll likely be muddled up, so if I wait I'll be able to properly attribute the shots.

This is the single most annoying feature of Filmdev's service. I've spoken with them about it a couple of times. If you look closely you should see that the date/time of the frames that come out of sequence early are in fact zeroed (eg 1904). It appears to relate to those frames that require additional intervention; somehow in that process the date/time applied by the scanner gets lost or corrupted. However, they don't appear to be able to fix it.

Anyway, sorry that was off topic, maybe any further discussion on this should go on the UK Film Developing thread, meanwhile back to travelling cameras...

This is the single most annoying feature of Filmdev's service. I've spoken with them about it a couple of times. If you look closely you should see that the date/time of the frames that come out of sequence early are in fact zeroed (eg 1904). It appears to relate to those frames that require additional intervention; somehow in that process the date/time applied by the scanner gets lost or corrupted. However, they don't appear to be able to fix it.

Anyway, sorry that was off topic, maybe any further discussion on this should go on the UK Film Developing thread, meanwhile back to travelling cameras...
Does that mean the sequence is also wrong on the contact sheet print? :thinking: I haven't really noticed this, but will pay attention in future.

Maybe they use the file names to sequence the contact sheet; perhaps we could persuade our PP software to do the same for the images? Although I can already see reasons that wouldn't work well, specially if you have scans from multiple sources, as we probably mostly do.

There was a card from Royal Mail through the door yesterday which I think is probably the camera so it briefly made it to Cumbria yesterday but is now languishing in a sorting office down south in Lancashire. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow.

I picked it up today and it looks like we might actually get some reasonable weather tomorrow.

I'm away this weekend so I won't be able to pick it up from delivery office until Tuesday :eek:

It probably won't get there before Tuesday anyway, have a good weekend.

Got back last night to a 'Sorry we missed you....' card from RM. I wonder what it could be? :thinking:;)

@sirch Is the film rewound? I'd hate to just open the back without checking first! :eek::oops: :$

Why can't RM afford to send its staff on rifle training - think of all the misses they could avoid :exit:

Well it made a whiring noise after the last frame so I assume it rewound the film, there's only one way to find out :eek:

First film is out and ready to post to Filmdev tomorrow. Second film is loaded and just waiting for me to have some time to take 5 photos!

48750106528_bdbd74a9d6_c.jpg

2019-09-17_07-12-02 by Janet

Posting now means we'll be judging blind - although I thought most photography judges, like referees, were that anyway. :p

I'm not nervous. My hand only shakes when there's a camera in it.

I’ll be denying that the out of focus, poorly framed, boring ones are mine (but they will be)

I’m going to have some denying which are mine given that most of you have seen images from me of where I live..... I knew that sharing my location would backfire!! Lol

Nonsense! You're not thinking clearly. Have you never come across back projection to put in a fake background? All the rage in the 1960s.

Back