The unofficial "Show Off Your Photography Related Xmas Presents" thread.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Come on, you know you want to :naughty:!

I didn't get any presents this year :crying: (must have been a naughty togger), but I'd be very happy to share a little vicarious joy by seeing what everybody else got.

So, please feel free to post as much or as little as you want to say about your new equipment and if you can include pics, so much the better :D!

Merry Xmas all (y)!

I got a HTC Desire HD sim free mobile phone. Well it does have a camera! :D

I'm totally knocked out with it - still trying to get my head around everything it can do. It's a my first Android phone, but somehow I don't think it will be my last.

Last edited:
I got a HTC Desire HD sim free mobile phone. Well it does have a camera! :D

I'm totally knocked out with it - still trying to get my head around everything it can do.

Indeed.............:LOL:

Canon 400mm L f5.6 (for birthday and christmas as they fall in the same week) and very nice camo bean bag ordered from Dean on this very site

50mm 1.8, and a few photography books. Having some fun with the lens now, loving it :D

Indeed.............:LOL:

images

:D

i got the lowpro pro runner 350 aw bag.

I got other bits from the family non photography related so i bought my own :p
50mm 1.8, new flashgun, and non photo related i bought myself an rc helicopter haha.

A nice Sekonic light meter, which will be perfect for indoor flash and outdoor ambient situations.

Oh and a new computer and monitor, with a calibration device, for editing photos. Which came with Photoshop CS5. So no excuses now for posting untidy photos.

Last edited:
My lovely parents got me a B+W Circular Polarizing filter :D Absolutely love it! Little sister got me some Dr. Optic Lens wipes, bless her, is it safe to use these on my camera lens without smear risk? Currently have a lenspen and rocket blower, sure Ican find other things to wipe with them if not suitable for camera! Very happy, merry Christmas to you all!

My Dad got a really nice and fast 8gb CF card to take over from the 1gb i was shooting with!
And my mum got me a Hoya Rocket Blower!
Also got some money to buy some YN-460 Flash Guns and triggers :D

My Mum got me a Yongnuo remote for my D700, very nice of her!
Thats its photography wise, but lots of other goodies!

A friend got me a Digital Photography Masterclass book by Tom Ang :)

Also bought myself a Sigma 10-20mm :p

Lots of good pictures in that book. Quite an inspiring read too, I thought :).

Lots of exciting goodies out there so far :). Can't wait to see some piccies of these pressies :naughty: ....

I got a nice little lowepro 110aw and a Kinston 8Gb SD card for my m4/3 kit.

I got sod all, but all my 5 children had a fantastic Christmas so Im a happy man :) my Lencarta Smartflash Kit will have to wait until well into the new year now

Last edited:
A Nikon 70-200 VRII........ Thermos flask (already new as I pointed it out & gave my other half the link to it) its to match the real mcCoy & goes with the 24-70 thermos mug I have (& the real mcCoy)

An some camera cuff links - which was something I've not seen before (y)

I got a Opitech camera strap, a round eyepiece for my d300s, and my wife is paying for me to go on a Landscape and Portrait course with a local photographic school, so Im well pleased

A Nikon 70-200 VRII........ Thermos flask (already new as I pointed it out & gave my other half the link to it) its to match the real mcCoy & goes with the 24-70 thermos mug I have (& the real mcCoy)

An some camera cuff links - which was something I've not seen before (y)

:eek: Well Steve, you must have been a very good boy this year :LOL:.

I bought myself two lenses (1&3) just before Christmas for the missus to 'give' me.

(y) The best way to avoid getting unwanted presents, for sure.

I like the 70-200mm f/4 'L' series lens :). Smart design - I wish that Nikon made something like that (much cheaper than the f/2.8 version, I should think) :shake:.

Sort of loosely photography related - my photography business logo has a dragonfly in it, and I had said some weeks ago I would love a piece of jewellery with a dragonfly so my beloved, Yves Geza, who normally leaves me to find my own gift, seriously surprised me with the most fabulous lalique dragonfly pendant! Its just gorgeous, probably the best pressie I ever got :love:

Sorry, not the best pic, taken on my phone, but I am a very happy snapping bunny today :D

5289622425_7a847db441_b.jpg

70-200L lens. Been lusting after it forever. Also upgraded my fastpack 200 to a fastpack 350 as a gift to myself. My family are back in NZ so we buy ourselves a gift and save money on postage!

Sort of loosely photography related - my photography business logo has a dragonfly in it, and I had said some weeks ago I would love a piece of jewellery with a dragonfly so my beloved, Yves Geza, who normally leaves me to find my own gift, seriously surprised me with the most fabulous lalique dragonfly pendant! Its just gorgeous, probably the best pressie I ever got :love:

Sorry, not the best pic, taken on my phone, but I am a very happy snapping bunny today :D

That's actually very stylish, Yv :). From the description, I was expecting to see something a little more, dare I say :( ... garish, but that is subtly beautiful.

Congratulations (y)!

Having sold my 14-24, I got mostly money to help pay off the purchase of my 85mm 1.4G :D Bloomin chuffed!

Well, that's certainly an investment (the 85mm f/1.4), but in your hands Johnathan, it's money well spent (y)!

Enjoy your new debt-free existence :D.

Nothing photographic this year but then I'm a fussy bugger and my family have already bought me lots of rather tasty stuff in the last few years so no complaints.

Just happy to have my family, bellies full, playing games and the dogs have disappeared for a nap on my bed! lol

Hope everyone has their Christmas with those they love. xxx

Last edited:
I got a think tank urban disguise bag and love it :) also some memory cards and bits. That was it as far a photography bits go, had a good time though! Hope everyone else did too

i got a battery grip, fast 8gb card and two battery's this year. happy with that :)

got captured by moose peterson great book hard to put it down other half not happy.

:eek: Well Steve, you must have been a very good boy this year :LOL:.

:eek: I wished she had got me the real mcCoy :nono: but I had to get that for myself...

She kindly got me the flask which I must say is 99% identical in everyway - apart from the flask is missing the VR logo on it....

Of the thinking, if you need it, get it . . . so Christmas presents in this house on the day are thin on the ground . . .
Hazel went shopping a couple of weeks ago and bought a new leather sofa from DFS in their 'double sale'. I have been looking for a new Nikon body over the past few weeks . . . came across a brand new, UK D90:D for a 'gift price' of £475.00, paid a cash transfer in on Monday, arrived on Tuesday :clap:

So, no pressies on the day . . . although, the dog got a new lead, all wrapped up under the tree :LOL: . . . we are both happy . . . Turkey, pork and all the trimmings lunch time. I'm just about to sit down to a shell fish and salad supper with freshly cooked buttered rolls . . . (y)

CJS

Back