The unofficial "Show Off Your Photography Related Xmas Presents" thread.

Best Christmas ever!

Canon 35mm f/1.4 L
Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS mk II
Gitzo 5541LS carbon fibre tripod and Really Right Stuff BH-55 Ball head
Really Right Stuff L plates
Books of Ansel Adams photography
Landscape photographer of the year collection 4
Wildlife photographer of the year
and loads of other stuff, including a...
Terry's Chocolate Orange :D

Best Christmas ever!

Canon 35mm f/1.4 L

:cautious: Milk or plain chocolate?

Sorry ... enquiring minds need to know :D.

Best Christmas ever!

Canon 35mm f/1.4 L

You got a good haul there.

Gorilla pod!

well I got £400 and about 10 set of body wash gift sets...I wonder if there trying to tell me something?

But on a serious note that £400 will be "invested" in camera gear, including some portable lighting, landscape filters and then little things like a coat, camera bag, and a new walkman mp3 player :D

I got given a lovely book, Gregory Crewdson Sanctuary and bought my self a new light meter. :D

Gregory Crewdson Sanctuary
Aw maaan, that's on my to buy list, love Crewdson...

Family know not to buy me anything actually camera related, that's business expense, and if I need it, I buy it...

I got the book of this blog: http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com

Simply amazing. Had my aunt in stitches all day :D

I got a box of 60 Jaffa Cakes. Surely one of the most essential items for a member of TP.

I also got a camo net. I've been threatening to get myself one so I can set up in the woods before dawn and try to get some better pictures of the wild boar. No excuse now but I think I'll wait until it warms up a bit.

A flash gun.

I also got the masterclass book by tomang which I only have 5 weeks to read , the reason being my main present off the misses is in 5 weeks she has booked us to go on holiday ,

To LA and then into Vegas :)

Will be starting another thread soon for a bit of advice ie what to take and are there any good photography stores our there .

Happy Christmas everyone .

A complete surprise from my wife.....

Looks like I have to step up my tog skills!

Chris

came across a brand new, UK D90:D for a 'gift price' of £475.00,

CJS[/QUOTE]

Thats a bargain, where did you find that?

As far as the thread topic goes, I got a bag for my manfrotto tripod, a blackrapid 7 slingshot style camera strap, and a 12" lastolite easybalance, so should get white balance correct when I take some photos of my socks and chocolate orange that I also got(now that got you jealous):LOL:

Jon

A complete surprise from my wife.....

Looks like I have to step up my tog skills!

Chris

Chris, this will probably be the next lens for my 450D, would be interested in seeing some sample shots, if you get a chance. :)

Alan.
________
Vaporizer Wiki

Last edited:
I got a nice shiny Canon 50D.
what an upgrade it is from the 1000D.....jaw dropping!!!!!

Thank you Santa!!! :D

Chris, this will probably be the next lens for my 450D, would be interested in seeing some sample shots, if you get a chance. :)

Alan.

I hope to get out and about sometime this week Alan, I'll post some shots - if I manage to get anything decent.

TBH, I feel a little out of my depth with such an amazing lens, I'm "shooting above my weight".

Chris

Hmm, photography wise I dog a digital photo frame! Which I'm gonna' mess with pretty soon... Other than that a bit of money, clothes, xbox game, smellies and a book on 1000 student recipes :)

A self treat (and thanks to a little bit of part exchanging, deal driving, etc.)....a Nikon EDG 65mm scope with a FSA-L2 adapter for my D300S!

Nothing photographic this year - well - nothing at all to be honest.

Not feeling too hard done my though - Over the last couple of months I've picked up a canon 7D and 15-85IS USM, 17-40f4L, 70-200f4 IS, a couple of OpTech straps for the 7D and EOS-3 and a few memory cards etc. Still need a 24-105, a decent fast 50mm and 100mm macro though :naughty:

Last edited:
Lowepro 102AW slingshot bag + Nikkor 50mm f1.8 = me very happy :D

Just need to get out and start taking pics now...

So far I have managed to acquire another lens cloth (nice try mum!) & money for a lowepro bag.

I'm amazed at people's partners who are buying them the likes of 70-200/2.8's - my missus is great but I severely doubt that is under the tree for me to open tonight!

I have what is roughly the equivalent of 2 gallons of Brandy. Will this improve my Photography?

I have what is roughly the equivalent of 2 gallons of Brandy. Will this improve my Photography?

As long as you don't have to manual focus :D

Finally got myself sorted out with some legs early December due to Christmas specials at Fotosense...

Gitzo GM2341 Monopod and a Gitzo GT1550T Tripod. Made up with the quality, size and weight.

:D Absolutely! Your pictures will never have looked as good (to you), after the first 12 glasses (y).

A set of Kood Pro Filters, holder and rings (I ordered them myself, but the misses says she'll pay)

In all I aquired the following ND2, ND4, ND2 GG Soft, ND2 GG Hard, ND4 GG Soft, ND4 GG Hard and a close up +4 filter so that I can play with some Macro before I drop some serious money on a proper Macro lens.

Cheers
Aled

Sort of loosely photography related - my photography business logo has a dragonfly in it, and I had said some weeks ago I would love a piece of jewellery with a dragonfly so my beloved, Yves Geza, who normally leaves me to find my own gift, seriously surprised me with the most fabulous lalique dragonfly pendant! Its just gorgeous, probably the best pressie I ever got :love:

Lovely! Lucky you.

Well, one of our dogs died a couple of weeks ago ( she was 18) and we missed her, so our present to ourselves was Flo, a 3 yr old rescue dog.
Taken on my other present to myself, a Panasonic G2
5296451244_db0b2c8f7a_z.jpg

Allan

Well as I hurt my shoulder in the gym I've added a few pounds and haven't shaved for 3 weeks. As I now look like santa I thought it was only fair to buy:

x2 Kenko MC7 extender
Sigma 50mm 1.4
Canon 70-200 F4L
Tom Baker Dr Who and K9 :D

Nothing camera related, they know I just buy stuff I want lol I did get a Kindle off the kids and some CDs I hinted at from my hubby...we don't go in for big pressies for each other.

Well as I hurt my shoulder in the gym I've added a few pounds and haven't shaved for 3 weeks. As I now look like santa I thought it was only fair to buy:

x2 Kenko MC7 extender
Sigma 50mm 1.4
Canon 70-200 F4L
Tom Baker Dr Who and K9 :D

:shrug: What's that, a DVD? Action figures? A jigsaw puzzle :LOL:?

I'd forgotten all about K9 :thinking:. He was such an irritating little s***su (was that the breed of dog that he was based on :naughty:?), with his superior ways and droning voice - I really hated him when I was a kid :razz:. He looked like a fun kind of robot ... but had all of the verve and 'sparkiness' of a Victorian grandparent :p.

Sorry, rant over :shake:.

Well I got a monopod which I love and a big surprise of a remote for my DSLR

My wife is not a photo person really (but she does enjoy photographing the kids with her compact) but for her to get me a remote was a great surprise :eek: (y)

Been out today and my sister bought me a canon bg-e5 to replace the third party grip I already have.

Back