The Vanishing Point

I would say a Cadillac will look interesting instead of the Pontiac, there's a certain book from a favourite author of mine that this photo will fit quite well as a cover :D

I hate american cars but
I dig your imagery… creative, splendid!

Very nice indeed! Well worth the hours spent creating this.
tiniest bit of crit though - just above the pontiac logo (centre) you can see the reflection of where the car was originally photographed ( I can see greens and browns) obviously this doesn't fit with the mood of your overall shot. It should be a relatively easy remedy, I just apologise for having a super beady eye.

FFS I can't keep up .... excellent and the crow raven whatever looks really good on the bonnet.
Thanks mate

Very nice indeed! Well worth the hours spent creating this.
tiniest bit of crit though - just above the pontiac logo (centre) you can see the reflection of where the car was originally photographed ( I can see greens and browns) obviously this doesn't fit with the mood of your overall shot. It should be a relatively easy remedy, I just apologise for having a super beady eye.
Thanks Stuart, you do have a beady eye, please dont apologise this type of crit is very handy indeed! I see this type of crit much the same as proof reading, the more beady eyes looking for mistakes the better the final image or design will be.

Thanks mate

Thanks Stuart, you do have a beady eye, please dont apologise this type of crit is very handy indeed! I see this type of crit much the same as proof reading, the more beady eyes looking for mistakes the better the final image or design will be.

No problem, glad I can be of help. Looking further there is also a patch under the ariel which also hints at similar surrounding colours from the original as shot image. I wonder if a simple edit of the car layer would suffice rather than trying to treat the individual areas?

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, glad I can be of help. Looking further there is also a patch under the area which also hints at similar surrounding colours from the original as shot image. I wonder if a simple edit of the car layer would suffice rather than trying to treat the individual areas?
Yeah I noticed that bit after your first crit as it's in the area, I will have a look at the original tonight.

Area should have read ariel - stupid thumbs on stupidly small qwerty phone keyboard :D

These are fantastic concepts and really well executed Neil. To me you are showing a level of PS mastery that I could only dream of. I hope you continue with these as I'll be keen on seeing more (with green eyes)

No problem, glad I can be of help. Looking further there is also a patch under the ariel which also hints at similar surrounding colours from the original as shot image. I wonder if a simple edit of the car layer would suffice rather than trying to treat the individual areas?
Looking at it I reckon the quickest way will be to flip a small section on the right side of the logo over to the left and blend.

Looking at it I reckon the quickest way will be to flip a small section on the right side of the logo over to the left and blend.
Agreed flip just before the starburst would make blending easier i reckon.

Look forward to seeing any adjustments you make (y)

These are fantastic concepts and really well executed Neil. To me you are showing a level of PS mastery that I could only dream of. I hope you continue with these as I'll be keen on seeing more (with green eyes)
Thanks Matty, I'm definitely doing more!

Area should have read ariel - stupid thumbs on stupidly small qwerty phone keyboard :D
Ah right got you... I deliberately tweaked that part as I thought it looked like a hint of dust.

Fantastic and even better when looked at in Flickr for the larger version. Agreed with MattyW would love to have these type of skills and look forward to the video if you ever get the chance to make it.

Very good bit of work Neil, you're getting better with every one you do.(y)

George.

Nice work Neil (y) very spooky though maybe if it were a black car (maybe B&W it?) it'll look even creepier. Reminds me of Supernatural TV show (only for the classic american car and I dont think thats even the same - but it still reminds me of it).

Fantastic and even better when looked at in Flickr for the larger version. Agreed with MattyW would love to have these type of skills and look forward to the video if you ever get the chance to make it.
Thanks Simon, I will def try and do one at some stage, will prob just be a desktop recording at X? times speed.

Very good bit of work Neil, you're getting better with every one you do.(y)

George.
Thanks George, really appreciate it.

Nice work Neil (y) very spooky though maybe if it were a black car (maybe B&W it?) it'll look even creepier. Reminds me of Supernatural TV show (only for the classic american car and I dont think thats even the same - but it still reminds me of it).
Thanks Carl, theres a mono version on my FB page, I like it but the colour wins!

Hi, Neil,

This is awesome but creepy in the best way! What a well thought out and conceived image!

Forgive me for being picky, but there seems to be a fraction of a RH tilt in the car. when i scrolled down. I was able to see that the bumper was not straight.

Marie

Back