The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it helps they are a (relatively) remote island with a lot less people travelling through - The countries (and areas) with the most cases and deaths have a lot more footfall. Hence why London and New York are doing worse than the Scottish Highlands and South Dakota!

I take it you haven't read the second link?

Not sure if the hospital are allowed to make an official statement about individual patients, regardless of who they are to be fair.

Correct, they are not. It is a breach of patient confidentiality.
Dr. Ellie, on Talk Radio a short time ago, alluded to that and that staff have been warned.
As usual, walls have ears and there was another report that Boris does NOT have pneumonia which will be a good sign.

I guess it helps they are a (relatively) remote island with a lot less people travelling through - The countries (and areas) with the most cases and deaths have a lot more footfall. Hence why London and New York are doing worse than the Scottish Highlands and South Dakota!

Doesn't explain South Korea with under 200 deaths and a population of 55 million. Their aggressive testing and contact tracing probably does though.

It really wound me up on the questions yesterday - and Peston was the worst! Like any organisation, of course the government will function, in the same way if my CEO was off for a period of time. If my CEO went off sick today the same way Boris has there would be no impact on the company.

They're at it again tonight. p1ssy Peston and the obnoxious Kuenssberg
No prizes for guessing what their angle is.

I don't understand the animosity towards Peston and Kuenssberg. Not that I set out to listen or watch them but when I have seen or heard their material it seems reasonable. What is it they're supposed to be doing wrong?

I see he says ““I am sure that the Messiah will come and take us out as God took us out of Egypt. We will soon be free and the Messiah will come and save us from all the world’s troubles.” and :

“We pray and hope that the Messiah will arrive before Easter, the time of our redemption”

When HMG told me to stay at home they also told me to pack a bag, I thought it was for a possible hospital visit but maybe they got wind of this ... GCHQ bugging G O D perhaps? :)

I'm just hoping I'm not a typo... It's all My fault!!!

I don't understand the animosity towards Peston and Kuenssberg. Not that I set out to listen or watch them but when I have seen or heard their material it seems reasonable. What is it they're supposed to be doing wrong?

In Pestons case especially - its his wordy and badly phrased questions (get to the point) and generally the way they ask questions that we will not know the answer to making them pointless .

I see he says ““I am sure that the Messiah will come and take us out as God took us out of Egypt. We will soon be free and the Messiah will come and save us from all the world’s troubles.” and :

“We pray and hope that the Messiah will arrive before Easter, the time of our redemption”

When HMG told me to stay at home they also told me to pack a bag, I thought it was for a possible hospital visit but maybe they got wind of this ... GCHQ bugging G O D perhaps? :)

o_O (er what ?) :jawdrop: (Jaw drop) :rolleyes:

"Lead us ..sorry, I mean, me.. 'not into temptation' ..:LOL: Maybe I can get away with this...:banghead: X 10

There seems to be a portion of US society actively looking forward to the end of the world (preppers?) and I rather suspect this is an aspect of that. If you think about the most popular output from Hollywood, it's all about the world almost ending again and again, saved by either some power or by human ingenuity - it's likely this is 'art' imitating culture.

A man who has lived his entire life recklessly, selfishly, irresponsibly and without any regard for the consequences. Because he's never needed to. His enormous privilege has protected him from any repercussions.

He is a proven pathological liar, swaggering through the years with no empathy or concern for anyone but himself. Indeed, recently bragging about shaking hands with Corona virus patients as if it was just another laugh. Even he can't lie & bluster his way out of this mess.

...and now the only thing standing between Johnson and the grim reaper are the doctors and nurses working for the organisation he and his party helped to savage. Fate has an uncanny way of coming back to bite you in the arse.

Couldn't have put it better!

Are they the only party to have introduced budget cutbacks in the NHS?

Yep

The guys in intensive care, and may be in a bad way.
Can we not leave off the insults for now?
Nothing like kicking a man when he's down.
And before you ask, I'm not a Tory.....

Nor me, but he and his party have been actively tearing down the NHS now bit by bit for over a decade. Im not saying he deserves covid 19, no one does, but it doesn't mean he gets my sympathy any more than anyone else suffering from it.

No one has said anything insulting. Just factual.

Indeed.

And franky while us NHS staff are all praised as heros currently, another year or two and we'll be back at the bottom of the food chain along with police, fire service, delivery drivers, shop workers etc etc etc :-(

A man who has lived his entire life recklessly, selfishly, irresponsibly and without any regard for the consequences. Because he's never needed to. His enormous privilege has protected him from any repercussions.

He is a proven pathological liar, swaggering through the years with no empathy or concern for anyone but himself. Indeed, recently bragging about shaking hands with Corona virus patients as if it was just another laugh. Even he can't lie & bluster his way out of this mess.

...and now the only thing standing between Johnson and the grim reaper are the doctors and nurses working for the organisation he and his party helped to savage. Fate has an uncanny way of coming back to bite you in the arse.

No don't hold back, say what you really mean......

You obviously know the man personally.

There are so many f***tards on here it's unbelievable.

Do you expect statements like that to differentiate you from the people you are criticising?

I've given up caring. Almost any thread on this forum seems to turn into a political battleground and the whole point of the original post gets lost.

I've had enough of it.

No don't hold back, say what you really mean......

You obviously know the man personally.

There are so many f***tards on here it's unbelievable.

correct

and now there's one less, at least for a week or so.

Last edited:
Looks like something badly wrong with those figures, UK average at peak is nearly 3000, whereas next highest, Germany, us less than 400.

Indeed. Predicted peaks based on current trajectories and how the deaths have behaved with different social distancing policies.

I don't think they've messed anything up, they're just predictions based on current trends and the UK's delay in implementing any social distancing strategies.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom

Indeed. Predicted peaks based on current trajectories and how the deaths have behaved with different social distancing policies.

I don't think they've messed anything up, they're just predictions based on current trends and the UK's delay in implementing any social distancing strategies.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-kingdom
Huge range for daily peak deaths though. We haven't seen a huge rise day on day for daily deaths so far, the trajectory hasn't gone vertical (yet?).
There are so many unknowns and options available, if we don't have enough beds then we could utilize private hospitals, enough icu then we can build a hospital in 9 days, probably less after recent experience, fly people abroad etc. That just looks like a worse case prediction to me.

Last edited:
So this model predicts we'll have more deaths than Italy, Spain and France, COMBINED.

http://www.healthdata.org/covid/updates

As far as I can make out the model they are using for the UK is based on us having 799 ICU beds.

Not sure what the UK figure is, but on the graph from yesterdays briefing Scotland alone had 600 ICU beds, with the new Louisa Jordan hospital bringing another 1000 (but that 600 might include the 300 at the Louisa Jordan that became available yesterday)

Actually, to add to this, the 799 is total beds available minus the historical average number of beds in use for non-covid purposes. But this is still is going to be an underestimate as we have been clearing ICU bed use, as well as providing more ICU beds (not sure how you build in the staff issues of making these beds available)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back