The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My employer has said in those circumstances, the parent at home is there to watch the kids first and foremost, not working from home.
My point is that just because one parent is a key worker doesn't mean the child will go to school. For that to happen both parents need to be key workers and if one of the children is actually looked after by a child minder then that child will no longer be looked after by a non family member either. How does that help the parent that is a key worker, especially if the other parent is self employed and not going to receive any income? Hardly supporting the NHS workers.

My point is that just because one parent is a key worker doesn't mean the child will go to school. For that to happen both parents need to be key workers and if one of the children is actually looked after by a child minder then that child will no longer be looked after by a non family member either. How does that help the parent that is a key worker, especially if the other parent is self employed and not going to receive any income? Hardly supporting the NHS workers.
Well that's a different point to what you said.
We will be in full lockdown very soon, and the self employed person won't be able to work. His/hers NHS partner will still be able to work.

Well that's a different point to what you said.
We will be in full lockdown very soon, and the self employed person won't be able to work. His/hers NHS partner will still be able to work.
He could work from home if his children went to school and that would allow her to concentrate on her vital work without the added financial worry. As it is she's pretty sure she'll get infected and take it home but is prepared to do that for the public good, as I am sure most health workers are, should she/they have this added financial worry at this time?

I am sure i have heard on the news that only one parent needs to be a key worker to qualify. That is certainly how my wifes school is approaching it.

I am sure i have heard on the news that only one parent needs to be a key worker to qualify. That is certainly how my wifes school is approaching it.
No,
Other parent can stay at home and watch children.

From Gov.uk

If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors listed below, and you cannot keep your child safe at home then your children will be prioritised for education provision:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...horities-on-maintaining-educational-provision

Last edited:
Well, if they stop me from going to Wales and Scotland next week I will be super p***ed. I will be meeting with zero people one way or another so this would be total p*** taking at this point. Government has no clear and effective strategy one way or another. At this point just may as well let it go and finish quickly.
UK is even holding back (unless you know otherwise?) potentially effective treatments like Favipiravir (Japan study) or good old cheap chlorogquine. Testing and contact tracing is not being done either; they are even selling test kits to other EU countries while not using it here. This is an absolute p*** taking out of everyone, and as a self-employed person I am particularly p***ed.

Well, if they stop me from going to Wales and Scotland next week I will be super p***ed. I will be meeting with zero people one way or another so this would be total p*** taking at this point. Government has no clear and effective strategy one way or another. At this point just may as well let it go and finish quickly.
UK is even holding back (unless you know otherwise?) potentially effective treatments like Favipiravir (Japan study) or good old cheap chlorogquine. Testing and contact tracing is not being done either; they are even selling test kits to other EU countries while not using it here. This is an absolute p*** taking out of everyone, and as a self-employed person I am particularly p***ed.
How the hell do you know what is going on behind the scenes?
I hope they do stop you going, or if you do go and you fall ill, then they put you to the back of the queue and treat the locals first.
Such a selfish and arrogant attitude......how dare they ruin your trip....:mad:

I won't be going on my Skye trip, but you know what? I'm more concerned about other things right now.

Last edited:
How the hell do you know what is going on behind the scenes?
I hope they do stop you going, or if you do go and you fall ill, then they put you to the back of the queue and treat the locals first.
Such a selfish and arrogant attitude......how dare they ruin your trip....:mad:

I won't be going on my Skye trip, but you know what? I'm more concerned about other things right now.

They are ruining everything and not fixing anything as far as I can see. They may have good intentions, but when it is all over 10 years later this will be discussed as the worst mismanagement ever of a heath crisis, or worse - means to bring in planetary tyranny under the control of UN and China. In light of this a trip to Scotland to brighten up your week doesn't look so bad now any more.

Particularly if they get full on riots in a few months time in the larger cities, which I give 40-50% chance I want to be out of here. London is already seeing riots in supermarkets. Think what is about to come. Then you will get army roll and nothing will be the same again.

They are ruining everything and not fixing anything as far as I can see. They may have good intentions, but when it is all over 10 years later this will be discussed as the worst mismanagement ever of a heath crisis, or worse - means to bring in planetary tyranny under the control of UN and China. In light of this a trip to Scotland to brighten up your week doesn't look so bad now any more.

Particularly if they get full on riots in a few months time in the larger cities, which I give 40-50% chance I want to be out of here. London is already seeing riots in supermarkets. Think what is about to come. Then you will get army roll and nothing will be the same again.
Wow!
You are starting to sound like the internet equivalent of a panic buyer....

Wow!
You are starting to sound like the internet equivalent of a panic buyer....

Maybe I am... But you really need to watch out for the "quiet" ones when they run out of their toilet paper, pasta and £1 beer and there aren't any more. That day is coming on the current trajectory. People will die because some s*** themselves and have no more paper to wipe their ass.

If we get a more severe lockdown could the government restrict when people shop to even up supply?

e.g. if your house number. Is 1,8,15,23, 31 you go on a Monday, 2,9,16,24,32 Tuesday etc.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ures-eighth-death-confirmed.html?ico=embedded

There are lots more. A friend from Birmingham Tesco mentioned yesterday they get a lot of tension at TP isle when there is any stock. This is only the beginning. Imagine this in month 6 when supplies are totally gone due to factories closing and or workers going all sick and crazy.

That isn't a riot, do you know what one looks like?
Think of Brixton, Toxteth, Totenham or Croydon a few years back

Your link showed chancers trying to nick booze
I think you have gone a bit crazy already,

Last edited:

It's a beginning, not full scale yet. Only end of week one under very mild terms. Their mentality and behaviour is very toxic and may be infectious just like the virus itself. They smashed the door by the way if you keep watching to the end.

It's a beginning, not full scale yet. Only end of week one under very mild terms. Their mentality and behaviour is very toxic and may be infectious just like the virus itself. They smashed the door by the way if you keep watching to the end.

Give it up, that isn't a riot in any way, shape or form.
Yobbos trying to nick booze who chucked something at the door before legging it

That's what comes from looking at and believing the Daily Bog Roll.
I've been in the middle of a riot, tear gas, baton charges and overturned cars, trust me nothing like your idea of one

If we get a more severe lockdown could the government restrict when people shop to even up supply?

e.g. if your house number. Is 1,8,15,23, 31 you go on a Monday, 2,9,16,24,32 Tuesday etc.

I hope not, and I would instead see a delivery only scenario - handled by the army. I want out before that happens. In fact would I be able to get a clear run across a few EU states in my car like next week? I saw on BBC a few days ago they would bring down internal barriers again and UK is still being treated as part of it. I'd rather live on my own farm and work the land during this s***.

This is going to come across as sounding really harsh, but should hospital staff even be leaving the hospitals?
Everytime they go home at the end of a shift, they risk passing the virus onto others.
Even though the schools are now closed, they are still open for children with parents in critical jobs. These kids are still at risk of getting the virus and passing it onto other kids or the staff at the school. It can still spread.

Even if they put portakabins in the hospital car parks as temporary living accommodation, it would help stop the spread.

2 problems with that.
1. It assumes staff who are highly trained in infection control practices are actually crap at it to the point where they would willingly bring coronavirus home to their family
2. IF one member of staff did indeed become positive, it would spread through the workforce in that hospital like wildfire as opposed to that one person being positive at home and infecting a much much smaller number of people.

Yep, the guidance is one parent needs to be a key worker, BUT if the child can be cared for at home safely it should be. School is not the default position for these kids.

I think you have gone a bit crazy already,
It's nothing like a riot as you say, but I can see things like this happening more.
It doesn't take much for things to escalate, as we have seen before....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ures-eighth-death-confirmed.html?ico=embedded

There are lots more. A friend from Birmingham Tesco mentioned yesterday they get a lot of tension at TP isle when there is any stock. This is only the beginning. Imagine this in month 6 when supplies are totally gone due to factories closing and or workers going all sick and crazy.
Have a nice holiday.
Just don't fill up with petrol, use the loo, go shopping or meet any people.

Well, if they stop me from going to Wales and Scotland next week I will be super p***ed. I will be meeting with zero people one way or another so this would be total p*** taking at this point. Government has no clear and effective strategy one way or another.

The Government seems to have a clear strategy on only essential travel and the need for social distancing.

Rural areas of Scotland, Wales, Cornwall and the Lake District (and probably others) have been in the news pleading with people not to come to their regions during this epidemic.

Mountain Rescue (in Wales) have made the same plea after been called out this weekend, with a depleted rescue team as many of their team are medics busy elsewhere. And they struggled to get to the rescue site because of unprecedented levels of traffic on the roads from people trying to get away from it all, and of course, they put themselves at unnecessary risk from the virus, by dealing with people on the rescue.

Best estimates suggest 40% to 50% of people infected show no, or only mild, symptoms. Are you going to manage your trip without filling up with fuel, buying food/supplies? What happens if you have a personal accident or a vehicle breakdown. Let's say a broken wrist. How many people might you infect while getting help/treatment?

Of course, the risks are low, but every single person who doesn't do "everything they can, no matter how small, to reduce the spread of the virus is acting irresponsibly, and , as a group, are contributing to making this crisis far worse than it could be.

Regardless of what we might think the government is, or is not doing, we still have an individual responsibility to minimise the risks to ourselves and to others.

The Government seems to have a clear strategy on only essential travel and the need for social distancing.

Rural areas of Scotland, Wales, Cornwall and the Lake District (and probably others) have been in the news pleading with people not to come to their regions during this epidemic.

Mountain Rescue (in Wales) have made the same plea after been called out this weekend, with a depleted rescue team as many of their team are medics busy elsewhere. And they struggled to get to the rescue site because of unprecedented levels of traffic on the roads from people trying to get away from it all, and of course, they put themselves at unnecessary risk from the virus, by dealing with people on the rescue.

Best estimates suggest 40% to 50% of people infected show no, or only mild, symptoms. Are you going to manage your trip without filling up with fuel, buying food/supplies? What happens if you have a personal accident or a vehicle breakdown. Let's say a broken wrist. How many people might you infect while getting help/treatment?

Of course, the risks are low, but every single person who doesn't do "everything they can, no matter how small, to reduce the spread of the virus is acting irresponsibly, and , as a group, are contributing to making this crisis far worse than it could be.

Regardless of what we might think the government is, or is not doing, we still have an individual responsibility to minimise the risks to ourselves and to others.
Yeah but he REALLY wants to go?

I don't see that anyone's in a position to ask them not to go home to their families given that "Joe Public" sees fit to go to the beach rather than follow the advice. It's unrealistic to expect one group to make all the sacrifices.
Difference is there is every chance the people at the beach won't have the virus to pass it on, whilst there is a much higher probability that people in the hospital will be more likely to come into contact with the virus.

Let's be sensible. You can and perhaps should use card terminals at the fuel pumps in most stations now. This is common sense. They even provide disposable gloves. I've been doing this all this time.
2. You have to go shopping one way or another.
3. It is sensible to suggest not doing anything too extreme likely to put you in need of rescue. This also applies near home
4. Breakdowns do happen. Sure. It would be good idea to only go in a well maintained car, as is normally.

At this point I probably would prefer going one way to an EU destination considering 6 to 12 month full lockdown. This now the most likely scenario and sadly they themselves admit they have no exit strategy. These loons in government should be all kicked out.

It's nothing like a riot as you say, but I can see things like this happening more.
It doesn't take much for things to escalate, as we have seen before....

These individuals have a very toxic mentality. It is good news they don't have many followers from the general public, but worsening conditions may suddenly change that particularly if there is desperation or perhaps means of getting away unidentified. Herd mentality over critical mass of people is what starts total collapse.

Let's be sensible. You can and perhaps should use card terminals at the fuel pumps in most stations now. This is common sense. They even provide disposable gloves. I've been doing this all this time.
2. You have to go shopping one way or another.
3. It is sensible to suggest not doing anything too extreme likely to put you in need of rescue. This also applies near home
4. Breakdowns do happen. Sure. It would be good idea to only go in a well maintained car, as is normally.

At this point I probably would prefer going one way to an EU destination considering 6 to 12 month full lockdown. This now the most likely scenario and sadly they themselves admit they have no exit strategy. These loons in government should be all kicked out.
Seemingly not all the loons are in govt.

I suspect preventing them returning home would cause emotional and mental health issues - after a day of caring for people they would likely need a place away from work to unwind and possibly vent a little.
It is likely to cause much bigger emotional and mental health issues if they unknowingly take the virus home with them and infect their immediate family.

I blame the illuminati....or is it 5G....maybe the Rothschilds....who knows!
Well the Rothschild's in part were responsible for the introduction of the grey squirrel and the muntjac, so my money's on them,
I think at this point though a "nod" should be given to David Icke and his Lizard people.
Well some buggers keep appearing from nowhere ( underground suspected) and clearing the shelves

:D

muntjac, so my money's on them,

Good thinking. I will try to stock up on them. Squirrel may be not so useful after all. It's just a tree rat, and may not taste any better than the Wuhan bats.

This now the most likely scenario and sadly they themselves admit they have no exit strategy.
Unlike Commercial Union insurance some people just can't wait to make a drama out of a problem. :sulk:

Well the Rothschild's in part were responsible for the introduction of the grey squirrel and the muntjac, so my money's on them,
I think at this point though a "nod" should be given to David Icke and his Lizard people.
Well some buggers keep appearing from nowhere ( underground suspected) and clearing the shelves

:D

It's no coincidence that Lizards can't catch Covid!

Squirrel may be not so useful after all.
There isn't a great deal of meat on them TBH, but put them on a BBQ and they taste like chicken, albeit a slightly stringy one (y)

Yep, the guidance is one parent needs to be a key worker, BUT if the child can be cared for at home safely it should be. School is not the default position for these kids.
My wife has already said that at the school she works at, there will be kids at school, with just one key worker parent, because the other parent doesn't fancy the thought of so many months with their little darlings at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back