The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Asha said you have to say or do something incredibly stupid, and have a passing mod note it :D

Its just a game we like to play ;)

If that’s the case then what did I do or say to warrant mine?.....ah hold on, perhaps best not to share [emoji23]

I hope it goes well for her.
Rotherham hospital was business as usual apart from a few covid precautions. Eg I couldn't stay with her , just had to say goodbye at reception. Which is understandable.
Dropping her off at 17:15 tonight, then I'll wait in the carpark and worry. Apparently it's a quick procedure so shouldn't have too long a wait.

Dropping her off at 17:15 tonight, then I'll wait in the carpark and worry. Apparently it's a quick procedure so shouldn't have too long a wait.

Hope it goes better than ours.
Kaye booked in 7.15 trace wires in 9.15 surgery 10.15. that was the plan. Got in surgery gone 1. Still in.
Good luck.

If that’s the case then what did I do or say to warrant mine?.....ah hold on, perhaps best not to share
emoji23.png
TBH Asha, I'm not sure, it wasn't me that bestowed that on you.

I'm not sure where my current one came from, although I have a suspicion that it might involve a Northener… Doesn't stop me being an occasional doughnut!

The mind boggles on how you managed yours :LOL:
Its fairly innocent really ;)

Someone complianed about how many "Boob jokes" he was posting.
It was mentioned that "he" was a she and so ... :D

Last edited:
Worst bit for me was the "evacuation" beforehand :)
Hope you get good results.

Following yesterdays bailout of Branson etal, IDS has said "don't bring in universal basic income during the pandemic as it would be a disincentive to work" what a complete and utter.........

COVID 19

Death to case ratio.

Germany 1 in 332
Switzerland 1 in 109
France 1 in 37
Netherlands 1 in 32
Spain 1 in 22
UK 1 in 20
Italy 1 in 12

Not looking all that great.

Worst bit for me was the "evacuation" beforehand :)
Hope you get good results.

Me too - on both counts! First try didn't clear properly so resorted to the "Picolax" alternative - which again didn't complete the job(bie!) properly so ended up being double dosed. Holy schytte!!! Nipped out a couple of polyps (all cleared by path lab) so no need for any more now.

Kaye booked in 7.15 trace wires in 9.15 surgery 10.15. that was the plan. Got in surgery gone 1. Still in.
Good luck.
That must be really difficult for you. Cath's procedure is not as complex and they've already rung today and moved it forward an hour, so fingers crossed it should over quickly.

COVID 19

Death to case ratio.

Germany 1 in 332
Switzerland 1 in 109
France 1 in 37
Netherlands 1 in 32
Spain 1 in 22
UK 1 in 20
Italy 1 in 12

Little testing done here in comparison to the other countries so stats will be fairly skewed.

Me too - on both counts! First try didn't clear properly so resorted to the "Picolax" alternative - which again didn't complete the job(bie!) properly so ended up being double dosed. Holy schytte!!! Nipped out a couple of polyps (all cleared by path lab) so no need for any more now.
Ever read Agent Picolax? Cant seem to find it any more, funniest thing I read for ages, and so accurate.

Little testing done here in comparison to the other countries so stats will be UN-FAIRLY skewed.
Fixed for you.

COVID 19

Death to case ratio.

Germany 1 in 332
Switzerland 1 in 109
France 1 in 37
Netherlands 1 in 32
Spain 1 in 22
UK 1 in 20
Italy 1 in 12

You cannot tell from that, its pretty meaningless.

We have (mainly) just been testing more serious cases - for all we know Germany may be testing people with far fewer symptoms

Also, it depends on the demographics - if all the Italian cases were people with multiple issues and over 70, and France is 50% 'healthy people under 40) that would be more worrying for the population at large.

How do 'we' know this? Because 'they' tell us? How is SK any more trustworthy than China? What about the USA? Their government lies all the time. So does ours. Our government lied about WMDs in Iraq, and over a million people have been killed in conflict across the Middle East. Etc, etc, etc. Ooh but no; it's only those countries with whom we aren't politically allied, who lie, eh? Western propaganda, much?

I wouldn't trust SK for a second. Same as I wouldn't trust any government really. Praps Scandinavian countries. I can't see what the government of Iceland would gain, by lying.

Well the Chinese government are still in denial about the source of the outbreak, that says it all about them.
Look at the position they took on the Chinese doctor that tried to warn the world. Yes all governments can manipulate figures to suit their agenda, it’s just some are worse than others, namely China.

Little testing done here in comparison to the other countries so stats will be fairly skewed.

Yes, that could be a factor for sure. Let's hope the problem is a statistical one.

How many of those that have so far died in the UK were fit and healthy before they caught CV, according to reports I have read, NONE.
Crass = insensitive or stupid (from google).
Insensitive - in what way.
Stupid - in what way, all the figures are out there.
You put ONLY in the post, not me.
So far in the UK everyone who has died (another 20 from yesterday) has had underlying other issues, not in Italy. You are right, you were just saying it's a small proportion of the population, it's 4 in a 100 , the small estate I live on that would be 8 people. That's plenty.

So far in the UK everyone who has died (another 20 from yesterday) has had underlying other issues, not in Italy. You are right, you were just saying it's a small proportion of the population, it's 4 in a 100 , the small estate I live on that would be 8 people. That's plenty.
According to figures on Sky, 137 have died out of 2689 gives a ration of just over 5% of those confirmed positive tests, far too many.
The situation has changed since my initial post some days ago and I will agree that the chances now are much higher of death if you catch the virus than they were, "better*" than winning the lottery, it is only right that everyone should take precautions against this virus.

*Better in statistical terms only, please do not infere anything else in the term "better".

Last edited:
Good luck.
Hope she’s o.k

The situation has changed since my initial post some days ago and I will agree that the chances now are much higher of death if you catch the virus than they were, "better*" than winning the lottery,
More like the odds of your horse coming in in the Grand National (most of us are betting on an outsider, but vulnerable groups have their money on one of the favourites).

No. To make us plebs financially able to isolate.

The next question must be then, where are they going to isolate of they can't afford to live anywhere? It's a capitalist's dream time right now, prices for every day stuff going through the ceiling and rents going up too, unless of course your landlord is genuinely human and has a bit of sympathy for you as you have lost your job through no fault of your own. But hey, lets give those good'ole rich boys a helping hand eh? they need it more than anyone else, after all we don't want them to actually use some of their assets and collateral to fund their failing bussinesses.

The next question must be then, where are they going to isolate of they can't afford to live anywhere? It's a capitalist's dream time right now, prices for every day stuff going through the ceiling and rents going up too, unless of course your landlord is genuinely human and has a bit of sympathy for you as you have lost your job through no fault of your own. But hey, lets give those good'ole rich boys a helping hand eh? they need it more than anyone else, after all we don't want them to actually use some of their assets and collateral to fund their failing bussinesses.
Calm down mate I'm agreeing with you.

Arclight wrote on18 March:-
Therefore Italy has nearly 3 times more cases than Germany, but 106 times more dead.
How on earth has that come about ?
In both countries the infections started nearly on the same date.

Jakeblu replied:-
Germany seem to be doing a pretty good job of keeping the fatalities down, hope that doesn't change.

The disparity in death rates was briefly discussed on LBC this morning between the presenter and a Gov. Official (Health Sec. - I think)
LBC stated that Germany has 28,000 Intensive Care Unit beds. NHS England has 4,000. Wales and Scotland will have some to add to that figure.

Looks like if you are going to be seriously ill with Covid 19 it is much better to be ill in Germany.

Looking at the relative sizes of populations and accepting the number of Intensive Care beds you quote:

Germany
Population - 83.7m (March 2020)
Intensive Care beds -28,000
Approximately 3,000:1

England
Population - 56.0m (ONS, June 2018)
Intensive Care beds -4,000
Approximately 14,000:1

That's nearly 5:1 better in Germany! Perhaps their politicians' priorities are a little different from ours, of whatever party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back