the wee man

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
thank-youcard-two.jpg

I'm fairly new to photography therefore I would appreciate anyone sheding some light on how to improve the above? Have elements 4 for trying to improve the finished article and the image isn't yet cropped. Basically pulled the latest money drain to the window and got as close as I could. Any suggestions to improve the basic image?

on a previous posting I had attempted to make an image b&W and there was a comment about it looking grey, grateful to receive comments but not sure what to do about them. Have I made him look too washed out?

To me (the newbie) it looks fine but I'm looking to learn to get the most from my photos

thanks

But not much help Sara if you don't let the OP know what you've done :shrug:

For me the original is quite nicely balanced, it just wants a touch more contrast still, although not far out. For me the edit has gone a bit too far and has removed far too much detail from those eyes. Probably a bit of work with the dodge tool could bring them back again.

But not much help Sara if you don't let the OP know what you've done :shrug:

Sorry, didn't think about that bit!!

I'm not good enough with PP to explain what I did to be honest :thinking: I always go through the same sort of workflow, so tweaked the levels, then curves. I upped the contrast a little and sharpened around the eyes.

Dodge and burn ............. Sorry but I can not use that for love nor money, I try and fail miserably.

:thinking:Not much help really then. Soz. I just found the original post a bit washed out that was all.

Another approach, self taught so there's probably an easier way

1 Layer via copy, then click on bottom layer & sharpen
2. Click on top layer and erase the iris on both eyes
3. Click on bottom layer and adjust shadows
4. Click on top layer and adjust contrast
5 Flatten image
6. Layer via copy and add Guassian Blur to top layer
7. Erase eyes & nostrils
8. Reduce opacity of top layer (to 26% in this case)
9 Flatten image & save
3551617778_b101f767b6_o.jpg

sorry, deleted original by mistake

3551280035_388bcfa387.jpg

Back