The "What is it?" thread - Part III

Image over

6k9a4391b3-jpg.68949

Red ant or termite?

Ice lolly?

Fruit? Pineapple if you need specifics!

A potato wedge with the skin on plus salt for good measure ?

Edit - oops! I see someone already suggested a spud.

Last edited:
Sweet? (As in candy!)

(Pork) Crackling?

Ooops! that would have had eyes :exit:

Still nope. I'll get a slightly bigger picture posted up this evening when I get in. In the meantime, keep the guesses coming in!

Or a walnut?

Got something ready but it's on the desktop not this lappy! Will get it up later this afternoon. (Fnar, fnar!)

OK, sorry about the extra wait - very busy yesterday then I forgot! Here's my offering in action!

DSC_0806.jpg

Surely it can't be a wire cleaning pad in the toilet, I've just woken up. It must be something else.

Spot on! It's NOT a wire cleaning pad in a toilet!!! (Or any other part of the house.) While the "Something else" is perfectly correct, I'm afraid I need something a wee bit more specific!

If questions allowed? When you say nothing in the house do you mean not in your but still a domestic appliance? Or is it more "industrial"?

Not a wire cleaning pad in any part of the house. This one was not in a house - it was in a hotel! Not in the bathroom (although I believe they can be used in that room). Not what I'd call a domestic appliance although it does have domestic applications.

Well the funky angle and odd perspective ;)

Is it a kettle or some sort of coffee making machine with mesh being a filter element?

Very funky angle and not a shot that all kit can replicate! Not a kettle but the thing to which the object is attached is often used in one stage of the coffee making process. Not really a filter, although it would probably extract large chunks should they get past other things.

Back