"The whites of the eyes!"

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Today was the first time I got to try my shiny new 400 2.8 vr at motorsport! It was used on a tripod with MN393 head – I've not panned on a tripod before so that was something new to learn! It was so nice not to have to support the camera all the time! :LOL:

Anyway on to some pics.

The first two were taken with the 17-55 2.8. The remainder taken with the 400 2.8, some with 2x TC attached. Panning with 800mm is fun! :LOL: EXIF should be present and correct. None of the images have been cropped.

DSC_6746-01.jpg

DSC_6732-01.jpg

DSC_7084-01.jpg

DSC_7152-01.jpg

DSC_6984-01.jpg

DSC_7360-01.jpg

DSC_7468-01.jpg

DSC_7334-01.jpg

Great set I hope the guy in #12 opened his eyes before the next corner :woot:

10, 17 & 18 for me.

Once you get the hang of the lens I think you'll be able to get some decent shots Joe (y)

and where are the eyebrow close-ups :LOL:

All great images.

#10 is excellent. Now that's concentration

Excellent images Joe. I'm envious!

I assume it's the 80-400vr lens? I'm currently shaking the piggybank to see what comes out!

Nice set love #6:clap::clap:

10 & 17 for me.

I love clear visors, nice to see the eyes - full lock jag with the crossed hands is also a cracker. :clap:

Did you get any pictures of the hairpin from where you where stood.

Lovely clear shots with the 400 +tc set up. That'll be handy for the bike racing up here at Knockhill - you'll be able to catch all the action without leaving your house :LOL: (y)

Wow!! Great set there Joe. All nice and sharp, with good colours. I really like #6. The face is so clear, and you can really see how focussed the rider is.

It was great to meet you too. Just got in (from parents) and have started to d/l my pics, but have noticed the tutu mini was on about.

Wow!! Great set there Joe. All nice and sharp, with good colours. I really like #6. The face is so clear, and you can really see how focussed the rider is.

It was great to meet you too. Just got in (from parents) and have started to d/l my pics, but have noticed the tutu mini was on about.

Thank you. :)

100% crop of No. 6:

DSC_7360-01c.jpg

800mm
1/250
F10
iso 100

:)

lovely set got so much to learn and buy... how was it hauling that beast around allday?

Great set Joe and you're obviously putting the new beast through it's paces.

:clap:

Great set I hope the guy in #12 opened his eyes before the next corner :woot:

Was gonna say! :LOL: How confident is this guy?

Mmm 800mm :D nice shots Joe, very jealous of the new lens. I'm looking forward to seeing more cracking shots like these.

The bloke on #12 has fallen asleep! lol. Great images. Very well captured

Cracking set there matey, after seeing the best yesterday and peering through the viewfinder at 800mm i was impressed and very jealous :)

As said you will obviously get better the more you use the lens but its a great start!

Fantastic! ....... Would love to just get close to the quality of these! ...well done mate.

Great set of images. Really liking the close up ones of the bike riders. Good work on the panning too! :)

Ah-ha another convert to the world of 400m f2.8. Welcome aboard Joe,

Must say, I'm surprised you chose a tripod for sports though over a monopod with the 400mm. Would have thought that quite tricky to setup trackside etc.

Looks like Gerrards was a fun day out.

Nice set.

Guy

Back