Themes for next year's 52

Can't remember the others, lol. If you could separate them it would be ace, but Sin is good, though how do you define sin?

Can't remember the others, lol. If you could separate them it would be ace, but Sin is good, though how do you define sin?

Ah well that's the whole point; you're not meant to be given any help, you're meant to work out your own interpretation from a single word :)

So for example, we wouldn't have "fast motorbikes" (too literal), we'd have "speed" (open to interpretation) :)

:agree: with Mark

So to take your example, you could interpret 'sin' as one of the seven deadly sins which are : wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.

A shot depicting something connected with those subjects would be appropriate.

The Challenge is yours and the interprettion is yours and intended to encourage you to improve and widen your photographic skills.

A few more themes for next year....

vertical, horizontal, my view, camoflage, hidden, wood, action, feature, comfortable, sight, sound, special, limit, entertain, relief, artificial, soothe, communicate, free, record, lost,

OMG...i see loads of theme's posted here that are Emotions...they seemed to be the hardest ones this year :eek:

Here's a few idea's from me...

Texture
Color
Step (s )
Broad
Light
Eyes
Flow
mono
reflection
movement
still
curve

Andy.........you are havin a giraffe........:eek:
Submerge, Bling, Flabbergasted, Chuckle, Value, Queer, Linked, Issues, Kind, Ethereal, Buzz, Squash, Screw, Whimsical.

:bat::bat::bat:

blondie606 said:
Andy.........you are havin a giraffe........:eek:
Submerge, Bling, Flabbergasted, Chuckle, Value, Queer, Linked, Issues, Kind, Ethereal, Buzz, Squash, Screw, Whimsical.

:bat::bat::bat:

This is your third year...time to step up ;)

Holy crap, I could spend a lot of time in the dictionary next year!

Flabbergasted or juxtaposition!!!!!! You're all tapped!

JayD said:
The Seven Deadly sins??

What about Seven?

What about:
Soldier, Colourful, abstract (I liked that this year) duty, count, down, heat, grace, chocolate (obviously), love, hate?

This is your third year...time to step up ;)

I'll give you step up matey...just remember who's driving :p

Holy crap, I could spend a lot of time in the dictionary next year!

Flabbergasted or juxtaposition!!!!!! You're all tapped!

Ha.......my thoughts exactly :D

I did have one additional thought for next year.....

not sure how many people are gonna join the madhouse but if there's only a handful of us, say up to 12, could we have 2 theme's drawn per week so we have a choice , the hardened ( or as Marsha says "tapped " amongst us could always post up images for both theme's....I wonder who would do that :p

Hi Lynne. I actually like the discipline of having only one theme per week (and anyway Sarah would need a bag twice as big!). I think if I had to choose between two, I might never choose at all!

Also, I like seeing several ideas for the same theme, and that'd be diluted if we had a choice.

Of course you could always have your own bag, and choose whether to do the group theme or your own each week?

There definitely are some toughies in there, but then any theme can be tough if you don't get that spark of inspiration. Sometimes I find the more literal ones (Marsha's "chocolate" for example), the hardest, because they don't give as much scope to be imaginative and different.

Hi Lynne. I actually like the discipline of having only one theme per week (and anyway Sarah would need a bag twice as big!). I think if I had to choose between two, I might never choose at all!

Also, I like seeing several ideas for the same theme, and that'd be diluted if we had a choice.

Of course you could always have your own bag, and choose whether to do the group theme or your own each week?

twas only a suggestion , if no-one's up for it then fairysnuff (y)

Hey Lynne, is "fairysnuff" a theme suggestion? I have some very very dark ideas in my head for that one already!!!

Right , thats it....you , me n Andy....outside...NOW :bat::bat::bat:

Oops, this is NOT how I hoped Christmas would be :(

I'm sure there's a forum rule somewhere about not beating the weaker sex to a pulp isn't there? :rules: As members of said weaker sex, Andy and I will hide behind that I think. :help:

As a n00b here going to have a go at this, and do a 365 but that might just end up being more general photos rather than something well thought out.

<shudder>

I'm looking forward to joining next year's 52, here's a few ideas from me:

companions, circles, yellow, eyes, toes, power, energy, anticipation, guilt

(y) Themes noted and added to the bag.

I'll get the 2013 thread up tomorrow (be warned that the time and coherence of the thread will be directly linked to alcohol and turkey consumption :D)

Official week 1 date will be 5th January, but to give everybody a head start and to give any newcomers a chance to spot it I'll draw the first theme tomorrow evening to get you all going.

Whether you're looking for a new challenge or just starting out with photography, I'd really recommend this as a learning experience / motivation exercise to make you get your camera out.

SarahLee said:
(y) Themes noted and added to the bag.

I'll get the 2013 thread up tomorrow (be warned that the time and coherence of the thread will be directly linked to alcohol and turkey consumption :D)

Official week 1 date will be 5th January, but to give everybody a head start and to give any newcomers a chance to spot it I'll draw the first theme tomorrow evening to get you all going.

Whether you're looking for a new challenge or just starting out with photography, I'd really recommend this as a learning experience / motivation exercise to make you get your camera out.

Off to find it and once again many thanks for leading on this years 52.

Cheers.

posiview said:
Off to find it and once again many thanks for leading on this years 52.

Cheers.

Cough, Sarah, step away from the turkey and champagne....people are waiting. Not that I'm in any state to pick up my camera. ;)

That's weird, I can see the new thread of my computer, but it's just not there in the iPad? I've refreshed and can see new threads from today....it's all a bit odd, perhaps I drank more wine than I remember....

That's weird, I can see the new thread of my computer, but it's just not there in the iPad? I've refreshed and can see new threads from today....it's all a bit odd, perhaps I drank more wine than I remember....

Is it because it's a sticky?
On my phone the app shows sticky threads in a different menu tab . . . it's caught me out before :shrug:

Back