Third party camera batteries

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
No
Anyone got any experience with good or bad third-party camera batteries? I need to get some Canon LP-E6 batteries but they are very expensive compared to third party ones. The Ansmann ones look okay, but wondering if anyone has any experience of them?

Thanks

Anyone got any experience with good or bad third-party camera batteries? I need to get some Canon LP-E6 batteries but they are very expensive compared to third party ones. The Ansmann ones look okay, but wondering if anyone has any experience of them?

Thanks

I`ve used X-Pro in Nikon and Fuji, and am very happy with them. I would guess they do for Canon too. (Amazon) (y)

we use loads and they are fine, (cheap and cheerful from Ebay) they tend not to last as long as the originals, not a great deal in it, and we find we replace them more often, but what do you expect for the price, we certainly wouldn't buy originals. £30-£82 (who in their right mind pays £82 from canon) vs £8.00ish is a no brainer. We use and charge around 6-12 a day so they get battered :)

Last edited:
Never had any problems with them! I've got a few I've used on my EOS R, Leica V Lux and also with a Sony RX10. No complains - and they're just bought off of Amazon etc.

I had an Xpro for old X100T - was ok, not as good as original but cheap and did the job. Did get two red colour ones for X100F but when charging became unbelievable hot so returned.

I’ve used loads of them. They tend to be around 70% capacity of the original which annoys me but they can be a fraction of the price.

No issues here with Duracells for LP-E6 (7+ years) nor LP-E6N (coming up to 12 months)

X-Pro and Duracell have always worked reliably for me.

Duracell here. Fine in my 2 Lumix.

No issues for me. Chilli Power, Hahnel, Duracell and Baxxtor have all been fine.

I used x-pro in my Fuji cameras until one got so swollen it got stuck in the camera.
That was one of the Black ones that apparently don't have the same heat protection that the White ones do

Back