This is annoying me

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I got this screen that comes up when I want to shut the PC down, Whats annoying is that I do not have any applications open that I know of and I got no idea why I got this screen. (I think it was after the last BIG update)
Anyone please give me a solution before windows goes out of the window.
Also at about the same time I got this screen, My photos stopped opening with what I normally opened them with and now I got to right click and open with.

Blue screen 2.jpg

I was told that the best way to turn off a window machine
and avoid facing the same situation ever is to pull out the
main plug and give the whole thing to someone you hate.

You may want to run Malware… it's free I think! :cool:

I was told that the best way to turn off a window machine
and avoid facing the same situation ever is to pull out the
main plug and give the whole thing to someone you hate.

You may want to run Malware… it's free I think! :cool:
Thanks Daniel, done that with no luck :-(

Go to task manager ( on my PC I just right click on the date/time and its listed there )

Then when in task manager there should be a heading somewhere called start up.

Click that and it will show you what apps your PC automatically starts when you turn on the PC.

Right click on them all one by one and chose disable.

Then use your PC as normal and report back what happens when you shut down the PC.

Just choose shutdown anyway.

To re-associate the photo program to open your images.

1/ Right click on a photo and choose "open with"
2/ Select "choose default program"
3/ Select the desired program and tick the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".

Following on from GTG's comment on Task Manager if you have a look under the Applications tab you should be able to see what program/app is still running and then click End Task.

Thanks all for the advice, just couldn't get my head around it.
Anyway I disabled all that was running and fingers crossed, all is OK, just hope I don't have to do this everyday. @GreenNinja67, thanks for your further advice on my photos, that bit I did figure out how to do it, I just not got any reason why it changed to not opening with my desired photo program, windows machines are just weird.

IIRC the new W10 version came with much changed photo handling software, and because it's a new install, they reset photo handling defaults. Odd that it was being opened at startup & wasn't closing automatically at shutdown.

Back