THIS IS ART

Hello I am new to the forums. I am a professional photographer specializing in fine art, I originate from Essex but have lived in California most of my life.

My art is powered by the feelings deep within all of us and I tune into this energy with my camera to bring it to you. I am happy to share my work for your joy and ultimate pleasure.

I title this piece of work "Fracture". It represent the struggle within all of us and everything around us. Dark versus light, love versus hate, pain versus pleasure. It will surely instill feelings of conflict when you look at this artwork. No critique required but would be happy to know how you enjoyed viewing.

1247854814095980900.jpg

Eugene.

I find this piece has an emphasis on the light. Love as opposed to hate. Clearly the positive is dominating the negative. Dark is obviously struggling against the light. In my world, fracture would look closer to the following:

fracture-20090718-015255.jpg

Black! Black! You lock me in the cellar and feed me pins. It's enough to make you want to hide in the wardrobe of darkness.

Eugene is the little voice in ALL our heads who says 'you're better than those other fools, go on do it you know you want to. Have another drink it'll make you feel better, you won't be sick, honestly'. What he is saying to us is that with the 'Lovetoast' we can all have that extra drink, take that corner quicker, jump off the wall and squash the 'Hate rabbit' thus making our lives better and our art more stickleback marmalade.......help me mummy I've been infected.

Andysnap - before the condition becomes irreversible I would advise a cup of tea and dark room.....you'll feel better soon....;)

Ahhh, thats better, normality has returned. Tea is the best medicine.

Andy

Stick a little red bull in your tea. It can make you do sone weird and wonderful things :)

Mmmm, a man who sounds experienced in such things.

Welcome to TP Eugene.

Something tells me this is a wind up.

Yes - not reading 6 pages of posts on this.

Art? "F" has been omitted.

no no no no no! I think that's where this all started!

Hang on......was it really you Gary??? :LOL:

Well I have read all and it may be a good thing you are going. Coz you ain't gonna get nowhere here with that attitude. See ya!

:wave: Ever so slightly :wacky:

I'm glad to see you centred this morning ArtMessiah. A good day for creation. :)

so not only is he a fruitloop, we have also determined he is schizophrenic with two personalities! i knew there must be a reason for this madness which is called art

Oh dear. I'm glad I've decided to check out this thread after having had a rather rotten Monday in them greenhouses . . . and now I've got this huge grin on my face.
I don't know which is funnier, the pictures and comments by the poster himself, or the replies by everyone else in here!

ok so i went to see doctor and he told me old trick that is to enjoy sun and absorb it. this bit of concept art is called "happy rays from sun makes happy ray". ray is the cat with the long tail in the bottom left. you also know how important it is for happy rays when taking photos no photos until happy rays are on photo of your photo.

1248120674069854000.jpg

i know you love it, as you cannot hate the sun.

Does the upside down figure represent our antipodean cousins? or is it a corruscating comment on the way the world has been turned upside down by the power of your art? I wish I had the mental faculty to understand such powerful statements, alas I am only a normal human.

Andy

OMG I've just accidentally come across this thread. Absolute genius :clap:

And shame on all of you that said those pictures don't evoke any emotion . . . I haven't laughed so hard in months !
Honestly, my husband thinks I've lost my mind. I'm sat at my laptop with a big mad grin on my face. Brilliant !

Last edited:
ArtMessiah, long-crowned the enfant terrible of the art world, has, through his latest ontological THIS IS ART, transformed our so-called familiar landscape of Talk Photography into something self-referential, stochastic, and yet at the same time mundane. One recalls the Dadaists and the soup cans of Andy Warhol, and one reflects on the normative paradigmatic shift of our hermeneutical age. There are those who will view THIS IS ART as a didactic polemic, little more than a bete noire, still others who will see it as replete with a fertile esthetic, and others will want to burn themselves into a fiery crisp on national television, imitating (perhaps) the Buddhist monks of yesteryear, whose saffron-colored robes THIS IS ART echo, in all their evanescent autarky.

The question remains:

THIS IS ART: a simple recherche into the lost carts de jeunesse, a Dumbo's feather that lets the viewer soar back to the lost folly of youth? Or a sine qua non of postmodern folly?

If we know anything, we know this: Art is neither object nor subject, but the phenomenological intertwining of both so that 'appreciation' (in all its varied and multi- meanings) is born from the simple realization of perception. This recognition allows for art that is neither here nor there, but everywhere. And nowhere.

ArtMessiah's animism is at the heart of his challenge to the verity of truth, insofar as it rectifies the humanism of our spatial modality. 'THIS IS ART' purports to effect a nouveau realisme in which the actual is unrealised into a cathartic emanence of the whole.

The dialectic of ArtMessiah's "THIS IS ART" is a reflection of the post-tigerimages zeitgeist, absent the schadenfreude qua nervousness that has gripped the Talk Photography populace in this world of "now-more-than-ever." The semiotics of the saffron (en)robes serves an ontological function in re-animating and re-introducing the humanity of Talk Photography to their perceptions of the orange joy of being - the being you felt as a child, vis a vis a pinata. The Gestalt bespeaks a Foucauldian Weltschmerz, a sumptuous feast of post-Derridian brio-cum-angst. It's in this context that "THIS IS ART" covers, even metastasises, over Talk Photography like a vast dollop of neo-maternalistic, neo-Marxian mayonnaise.

:D

I agree... looks like total *******s to me too.

1248196342040692300.jpg

well I think you ask what it is I have provided here but its ok I answer. this is concept art close to final and it is to help you understand about how you are alone. i feel alone since i left partner who i loved but not back loved in return. so it is this alone feeling i have pushed to you in this artwork. it also respresent other feeling for you. it represent the anger you have for mom and dad for when they lock you in the basement and tie you up with tights and then go out to the shopping mall and leaving you until back the anger is surrounded by light of happy people but light is so strong that anger is left out for you to know about which i know about you not knowing about for anyone else to know about. you know? it also respresents something else for you. if you ever see that the snooker ball is alone? it is not a pool ball ! so haha! but yes your english snooker ball is puny compaired to the pool ball. well this does represent that. it also represents the feeling you get on the road when people think they drive better or faster but really they drive more stupuid and slower. this is the feeling of the headlights all around your anger of hate and then you know that the headlights hide the anger of hate! but i dont even like burgers so i was not going so fast.

You're killing it now.........

killing is something you cannot know about or you cannot type? if you are killed or i am killed how is it we speak? do not talk about it if you dont understand it! it is not for killing but for anger this one.

"head in burgers, Larry" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Guys how many times :D Leave me out of it. See my tagline! Mods say it can't be me, so it can't be me :D

He's not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy!...... Rule breaking! methinks :D:

:LOL:

What a great thread kept me chuckling away lets hope this isn't the end of the madness! :)

I originate from Essex but have lived in California most of my life

so, your way of typing/speaking, is that what happens when you mix estuary english with dudespeak:shrug:

killing is something you cannot know about or you cannot type? if you are killed or i am killed how is it we speak? do not talk about it if you dont understand it! it is not for killing but for anger this one.

Mind you this one is more Yoda than either Essex or California

Back