This morning I met a Roe Buck

WWA

Edit My Images
Yes
This morning everything finally came together and I came face to face with a Roe Buck, this fella was not afraid of me one bit (maybe due to my camo and maybe due to him being the boss!!). I sat with him for about 15mins before I retreated and left him alone (he never realised I was a human even on my retreat, I used the tall Oil Seed Rape for cover). These were taken in a field in the middle of nowhere and so this fella is 100% wild and free!! Of 150 photos I took these are possibly my 3 favs but I love the 1st the best.. They maybe aren't perfect but they are a shot I've envisaged for so long that I'm absolutely over the moon to have got them.

No crop in any of these. All shot on a Nikon D610 with a Sigma 150-600 C. Other Exif should be viewable by Flickr link.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

Roe Buck by WillWA, on Flickr

Last edited:
I would be seriously happy to have taken these myself. I also think the first shot is my favourite which could be improved slightly by cropping some of the sky out. Well done indeed!

Nice captures… was it running to you?
The first take is super cool though should be cropped tighter.

Thanks very much both. It was running towards me. I agree on the tighter crop, will try that tomorrow. Cheers

Nice set, #3 for me as I like that he is airborne :)

Unfortunately, you've cropped his hooves off in number 2!

I know! It's not a crop either so I can't fix it unfortunately!! I'll just have to learn from my mistakes..

Thanks for your kind comment guys. Was wondering if I should crop number 3 a bit, might have a play later.

Last one for me too - nice set overall ( I use the self same lens on mY Sony a77 Mk2)

Les ;)

Thanks both for your kind words. I was very lucky to get these still buzzing now!!!

Back