This place is getting very busy lately.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Every time I press the New Posts tab its a complete new page of listings..:eek:

Jeez either you guy's can type fast or this place is getting busy...:nuts:

this place is BUSY! We were discussing this on Sunday. Very tough to keep up!

completely agree - I can't keep up with the photo's anymore - I used to be pretty good as well.

Me too, Glad its going well though, All well behaved and no trouble makes for a great forum.(y)

Keep posting ya buggers..:LOL:

Must say I don't even try to keep up with all the posts anymore. Far too many and not enough time. :(

I just click the 'new posts' button every visit and see if any thread titles attract my attention. I realise that I will miss some very good threads but theres just too many to look at.

Rich

Still not enough folks about during the night to keep a night shift worker like me amused though :LOL:

Must say I don't even try to keep up with all the posts anymore. Far too many and not enough time. :(

Yeah I know what you mean, a while ago I felt I could keep up with pretty much every post. Now, if I'm off line for a couple of hours everything's moved on so far I can't keep up :LOL: :help:

It's good that the friendly nature of this place hasn't changed though (y) (Bernard Manning threads aside :LOL: )

It's good that the friendly nature of this place hasn't changed though (y) (Bernard Manning threads aside :LOL: )

Mmmmm. Missed that one/

Does a search..:cautious:

noticed the thread, went on to the phone, refreshed and 10 replies, yep, it's busy :D

Mmmmm. Missed that one/

Does a search..:cautious:

It was a bit like discussing marmite with attitude very much a love hate thing :D
I think the mods may well have hit the big red button on that anyway :D [/subject]

Yep busy busy busy a good place to be if you can keep up (y)

240 new members till we reach 3000. I remember when we reached 1000 members and it wasn't that long ago - September of last year.

Loads of new posts, loads of pictures posted - I don't have time to edit and process my own shots anymore, let alone comment on other people's.

we need to remember what we are here for, to help each other learn about photography! More power to us though eh...thanks to everyone for recommending us to their friends

Thank Gawd for the new mods that's all I can say! Between us there shouldn't be much slipping past the net, but it's easy to miss stuff.

bless you all, even the friendless ones....

Thank Gawd for the new mods that's all I can say! Between us there shouldn't be much slipping past the net, but it's easy to miss stuff.

Its a crap job but someone has to do it :D
Seriously well done all of you on holding things together :clap:

I keep finding threads that are 3 pages long that I swear werent on the "New Posts" search last time I checked :p its very confusin' :( I am still relatively new and can see the immense growth since I joined.

Maybe it's time we went listed on LSE:D :LOL:

I find it pretty easy to keep up with during the days when I am supposedly working, but come this time of night is when I loose track :p I think I need to get everyone on the other forums I visit to work in shifts :p

Corrected.:D

LMAO! To be honest, I havn't really noticed the change, and I try and come on here when I have time.... Or when I don't and I'm actually procrastinating :D But then to be fair, I have only been here a few months really. Still, we have all these members, and only a handfull on the IRC channel! :shrug:

This is a good forum , and the level of 'busyness' is just about right (IMO), it means the posts don't get overwhelmed and folk can't keep track, and posts with a minority appeal still get a look in, with comments.

Although the danger is that you become a victim of your own success, with too many members (like POTN, flikr etc), the site can become unwieldy, less informal and friendly, and tends to attract the forum cabbages who often come from the shallow end of the gene pool, have nothing worthwhile to contribute and end up upsetting everyone and their dog.

But while it stays at reasonably optimum numbers, everythings fine in the garden :)

I like the amount of people on here. Threads are kept active and lively, but its still personal enough to get to know a few characters. Im sure my spamming must be contributing a bit to the traffic going up though.;)

I agree with Les about the size of this forum. It is not too small to be dead (far from it) nor too busy to feel like it is full of strangers and people fracturing off into sub-groups. If Goldilocks had a camera she would end up here after trying out others. Assuming the bears do not get her first.

Still, we have all these members, and only a handfull on the IRC channel! :shrug:

I keep meaning to try that out but have no idea where to look for info and the fact it is never mentioned makes me wonder if it is even still going. Then I forget about it even existing to bother to find out about it.

Maybe IRC regulars should promote it in their signatures so it gets some active publicity rather than being stuck in a thread somewhere that never gets seen on the new posts page.

Michael.

Back