This weekend, where you at? 21/08/2010

Jesus and he even has a mouse mat attached to his laptop!

It's actually a piece of A4 hardboard which is velcro attached to the base of the laptop, easy on, easy off, you'll also notice i do the same thing with my card reader and my dongle, much easier to work that way.

Dont ever do the tattos ever Rob, mine are a result of spending my teens in gangs (woodsome warriors) living on a rough housing estate after parents broke up, that was a massivly hard 6 years but it meant i learned how to fend for myself and put family first.

The tats are my only regret in life

I used to wear glasses, think I need them again, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I've only ever got a couple of pictures of me anywhere near a rugby pitch, and only one of those has been in the last few years...

This weekend. Drumclog One-Day Event on Saturday and then the dizzy heights of Cowdenbeath v Queen of the South on Sunday.

I'm covering the oldest football club in the World this Saturday.....Sheffield FC :D

Just been asked to cover Warrington v Hull FC on Friday night for the RL Papers and also for Yorkshire Post

Good job you got couple of outlets as the travelling is a fair bit for you on a Friday evening

If we're going down the Oldest route! I'm at the old fixture in the world with the oldest Open rugby club in the world. Blackheath FC v Richmond RFC on Satuday. Don't ask me what 'open' means!

If we're going down the Oldest route! I'm at the old fixture in the world with the oldest Open rugby club in the world. Blackheath FC v Richmond RFC on Satuday. Don't ask me what 'open' means!

It's another word for nude

Cricket on Saturday & Hudds Giants RL on Sunday!. Kind regards Graham.

Good job you got couple of outlets as the travelling is a fair bit for you on a Friday evening
51 mile door to door which is about half a gallon of fuel in the new car.

Some folk i know travel over to Saints and Hull on spec and get nothing, not even a single photo published, even went to Wrexham purely in the hope.

It's nit the fuel mate. The travelling time. I hate weekday games. Thursdays in barrow are the worse ever !

Agh....Canon RCC at Elstree have lost marks here...was told yesterday to phone this afternoon and get a status update only to be told "the technicians are all leaving now - can you ring back tomorrow after 10am".

So, anyone got a 300 or 400 I can borrow for Saturday!? :bang:

Darn! Just sold my 300 otherwise you could have borrowed it!! Sorry that didnt really help did it!! :exit:

I am at Charlton v Oldham on Saturday, commissioned, then MK Dons v Blackpool on Tuesday

Last edited:
Busy boy then Phil. Given that I am temporarily without a mkIII and 400mm .

you sorted yet? did you get my pm re bradford on tue?

It's nit the fuel mate. The travelling time. I hate weekday games. Thursdays in barrow are the worse ever !
Yeah, getting there is a pain, probably 60-70 minutes, i'll be away just after half time though and home in 50 minutes, im right next to the MWay junction 26/27

you sorted yet? did you get my pm re bradford on tue?

I am indeed sorted. UPS delivered my bits back at 10:10, DPD delivered my new Peli Case dividers at 10:30 and I just got back from the Post Office with my Premier League ID card. 3 parcels, 90mins. Sometimes things just work out!

As for the lens and body combo....my god, it's like a brand new set of kit. So pin-sharp even at 100% crop.

Tony, no, I'm not at Bradford on Tuesday, it's one of the other guys, not sure who. I'm doing cricket on Monday then athletics next Saturday. Quiet week, with a load of magazine and features stuff in the middle.

brilliant.. glad yer kits sorted.. shame wont meet up on tuesday though :( oh hum...

Anyone else going to lose money this weekend if the rain keeps up :(

I have one football and three cricket matches booked this weekend... Footy should be safe but pouring rain will effect my cricket coverage and I lose a fair amount of money if its not on :(

Football gets postponed and will play again so I always get the fee.. But cricket postponed just gets played on a saturday instead of sunday or vice verse depending on the league i am covering.. so in fact I lose out alltogether :(

Rain rain go away or poor old photographer gets no pay.....

I dunno, Middlesbrough is forecasted a beautiful day on Sunday, which of course means I better be doubly sure to pack the rain covers!:p

Proof that it's wet in Bristol...I've done 6 games this season and it's rained for at least 5mins every time. That aquatech was well worth it!

I've been rained on heavily 3 times since February, 2 of those in the last month. Who said it's grim up north? I think I've been snowed on more than I have been heavily rained on :cautious:

I've been rained on heavily 3 times since February, 2 of those in the last month. Who said it's grim up north? I think I've been snowed on more than I have been heavily rained on :cautious:

When it gets towards christmas i might have a cheeky little accumulator on how many of your games get postponed due to snow :p

If I get rained on this weekend it will be 3 games out of 3!

I even Nikwaxed my waterproofs to give then a spruce up last night just incase.

Hydrophobia is ace! Saviour last 2 games, although plastics gone a bit weird on the LCD viewer.

Feared the worst heading over the pennines last night into Cheshire, traffic was at a standstill because of the heavy rain, reasonably clear in Warrington though.

not to worry.. clear blue skies in accy... cricket at 1pm.. footy at 3pm then back to cricket... luverly jubly.

the sun has got his hat on... hip hip hip hoo.......

I had a decent day at Wycombe Wanderers v Oxford United down in the depths of League 2. Cracking game. Photographically quite happy with my haul. Didn't miss any goals, mainly because there weren't any! I was on commission for the Daily Star - nothing in today so I'll make sure I have a look-see in tomorrow's. Not sure what they'll write about though apart from the 500th appearance of one of the Wycombe players and a grouse that landed on the pitch, which I also took a picture of :D.

I had a decent day at Wycombe Wanderers v Oxford United down in the depths of League 2. Cracking game. Photographically quite happy with my haul. Didn't miss any goals, mainly because there weren't any! I was on commission for the Daily Star - nothing in today so I'll make sure I have a look-see in tomorrow's. Not sure what they'll write about though apart from the 500th appearance of one of the Wycombe players and a grouse that landed on the pitch, which I also took a picture of :D.

you where on a commision for daily star or agency you work for?.... if you.. how?

Two shots in the Monday footie section of the Daily Star on Monday, one of the aforementioned 500th game guy and another shot of the wycombe keeper in action taken from the other end with my 400 with 1.4x on.

setting off to do a football tournament now. girls center of excellence stuff.. set rate plus pic sales (customer insists on padlocked gallery :( ) then carling cup tonight :)

jobs midweek daytime are rare so am in a good mood today hehe :)

Back