This week's visible comet opportunity!

Here is an image of the comet pan-STARRS taken from Alicante, Spain.
(Yes I an dane but there has been a dense cloudcover over Denmark the last 6 months so ... a trip to Spain it is! :) )

DSC_5947c.jpg

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
Tripod + selftimer

Last edited:
Here is an image of the comet pan-STARRS taken from Alicante, Spain.
(Yes I an dane but there has been a dense cloudcover over Denmark the last 6 months so ... a trip to Spain it is! :) )

DSC_5947c.jpg

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
Tripod + selftimer

great job Jens!! (And welcome!) Look forward to seeing photos from you from Denmark!

Monday - Stand in a snow covered field and see nothing :(:(
Wednesday - Hike up a hill and watch a snow storm invade the sky :(:(
Friday - Full of illness, hike up a hill, give up as it starts to rain then stand by a farm gate near the car............. and catch................ :D:D

486a24753.jpg

Monday - Stand in a snow covered field and see nothing :(:(
Wednesday - Hike up a hill and watch a snow storm invade the sky :(:(
Friday - Full of illness, hike up a hill, give up as it starts to rain then stand by a farm gate near the car............. and catch................ :D:D

Worth every bit of effort that!! :)

I think I am going to give up trying to see anything astronomical as the weather here is pants as soon as they announce there is anything worth seeing! :bang:

Tonight it's raining, tomorrow it is going to rain, Sunday possibility of a glimpse of sun in the afternoon and then it is going to cloud over. :crying:

Never mind I am going to the Chichester Planetarium on Sunday to learn all about "Icy Comets". :)

Heather

Frustrating as it's been (or not been) it was never going to top Hale-Bopp

That's's a good one AD, a nice record of a rare event. The comet wasn't visible here in Staffordshire, I believe there's another comet passing by in October that should be visible to us, let's hope the weather is better next time.

Chris

How many more days is it visible for?

Ta

Matt

Horizon cloded over before I got near the west coast :razz:

The moon's a heck of a lot higher here than the cartoon, and having trouble working out how that'll affect the comet's position.

Back