This years Bird Cam

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
For the sixth year running we've got Great Tits nesting in our webcam equiped bird box :cool:

We don't know how many egges there are so far, they wont get of the nest long enough to count them

The webcam *should* be visible here, I'm still tinkering with networks/display settings etc so let me know if it goes **** up (y)

Last edited:
Thank you very much Brian, I enjoyed this last year. Got blue tits in our box again, I really must get a camera box for next year.

On another note, 7 eggs, no birds on it when I clicked the link :)

Seven Eggs, woooohoo :D

I normally get it going when the first eggs appear but I've been a bit busy this year (wife had me fitting a new shower suite :() so it's a bit late

Oooo... :love: they're so cute!
I've been watching for about 15 minutes and the mum hasn't once stopped fussing over those eggs.

Is there a thread showing how you set everything up?

Its a home built nest box on the side of the house with a £15 infra-red camera, wire goes in through the window to a £8 usb video encoder. Its then streamed using software called webcamxp

Weh heh! thanks for sharing, the adult is on the nest now with the odd bit of fussing around :)

The box I put up this year has had a attention from Blue Tits, has an obvious load of nesting material in it though very unclear if they have laid any eggs??? Be great if they have :D

Box Brownie said:
Weh heh! thanks for sharing, the adult is on the nest now with the odd bit of fussing around :)

The box I put up this year has had a attention from Blue Tits, has an obvious load of nesting material in it though very unclear if they have laid any eggs??? Be great if they have :D

Until they've finished laying they quite often cover the eggs before you get a chance to spot them. One day no eggs, next day a nest full :)

Until they've finished laying they quite often cover the eggs before you get a chance to spot them. One day no eggs, next day a nest full :)

Ooops! sorry if I gave the impression that we had a camera box :bonk: a pair have made variably frequent visits with an individual apparently in the box for say 10mins at a time??? The nesting signs are the moss and looser bits hangingout of the small gaps in the base of the box :shrug:

Ooh! I see a birdy! :D

allotropic said:
I'm spending far too much time watching the webcam......

Just wait until the eggs hatch...........

Then you'll be really hooked :D

I've bookmarked it, I love things like this. I had wanted to set up a camera on a nest that's used by some swallows every year but unfortunately bad wind and rain destroyed it not long after they left last year having raised 2 lots of chicks in it (around 8 or 9 chicks in total)

How long until the eggs would be due to hatch?

WE HAVE A HATCHER!!!!!

just watched the male bring food for the female (I assume) to feed young, then some for herself, then she lay back down. I know there is at least one check but think there may be 2, couldn't say for certain though!!!

UPDATE: Both birds away, 4 eggs left and 3 active chicks!

Last edited:
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy first time I've managed to look during the day and yes there is 2 chicks ....... thrilled to see them.

Thanks Brian.

I saw one only as mum is fussing over them just now. Very cute though.

Woohoooo, I'm a DAD :D

Cigars & Champagne for everyone :beer:

next thing they'll be coming home drunk or borrowing the car, god they grow up soooo fast :(

Great shot of Mums Bum atm.

This is great, thanks for sharing this Brian!

Tiny hatchlings with Dad bringing in dinner!

Love it! Seeing their little squawky heads bobbing about for their tea now. :)

Just checked the upload stats on my router, I seem to be streaming 4GB of Birdcam a day :eek:

I'd like to see the babies but it won't load :crying:

Tori said:
I'd like to see the babies but it won't load :crying:

What error are you getting Tori ? , its working here on the PC & 3g on my ipad

It did load in the end, it took a while, but I did see a ball of fluff, with what looked like a tail :LOL: Is it good during the day when it moves? :)

Seems like the kids are keeping mum awake this evening lol ........ may be a daft question but where does dad sleep?

Did it move? I'll have to have another look now. I thought they were sleeping!

Breezy said:
Seems like the kids are keeping mum awake this evening lol ........ may be a daft question but where does dad sleep?

Breezy said:

He's down the Pub ;)

I just popped by for another look at the birdies, and Mum was away. (y)

It looks like there's only one egg left now.
I couldn't really tell if there's five or six chicks, 'cos they're all the same colour, and all wriggling in a heap. :)

Back