This years Bird Cam

This is mine this morning. The blue tits took 2 weeks to build this but no eggs as yet.

You've got a much better view ! the little beggars filled my nest box to the top so you can't see all the nest cup :(

There is a good chance you've got eggs, they often cover them with stuff to keep them warm when they're out of the nest

You've got a much better view ! the little beggars filled my nest box to the top so you can't see all the nest cup :(

There is a good chance you've got eggs, they often cover them with stuff to keep them warm when they're out of the nest

I think there might be one showing in this photo. Like you say there could even be more covered up.

Any chance you could put together a little tutorial on how you set this up and what you used please?

My daughter loves watching this and has asked if we can set our own one up next year

Any chance you could put together a little tutorial on how you set this up and what you used please?

My daughter loves watching this and has asked if we can set our own one up next year

My birdbox is on the side of my house, in previous years I had a mini camera in a DIY box with the cable in the window to a PC video grabber. I'm now using one these from ebay connected to the PC & a bit of software called WebcamXP to stream it on the net

The cable going through the wall is the internet, birdycam goes in the window :D

box1.jpg

box3.jpg

Last edited:
Brian, are you still streaming on the net? I tried an earlier link of yours but it won't connect. Can you give the link again please.

It has LED lights around the camera so I turn it of at night to let them have a kip. I normally have it on from 6am until dusk :)

I don't think it streams when it gets dark, it has a light in there that turns off, I may be wrong though it has been known.

Yup (y)

My birdbox is on the side of my house, in previous years I had a mini camera in a DIY box with the cable in the window to a PC video grabber. I'm now using one these from ebay connected to the PC & a bit of software called WebcamXP to stream it on the net

The cable going through the wall is the internet, birdycam goes in the window :D

box1.jpg

box3.jpg

Thanks Brian, much appreciated

I've got the audio working :banana:, not a lot to listen just now but *should* be good if the eggs hatch & we get chicks :)

I *think* there are 6 chicks surviving, they're getting a bit noisy now :)

Is there supposed to be sound as well?

I am not hearing anything if there is

Windows media doesn't seem to want to work for me, it goes through the motions of loading then just stops, have tried it on Chrome & IE :(

Windows media doesn't seem to want to work for me, it goes through the motions of loading then just stops, have tried it on Chrome & IE :(

It's working fine on IE here, first time I selected windows media it asked for a activeX module maybe that's the problem ?

Would be interesting to know if others can get it to work as well

This is what is reported:

Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct.

It *may* have been the port forwarding on my router, I've opened another range of ports so give it another try.

Working fine for me.

We've a few boxes on the go but no cameras linked up.

Hopefully I'll get the anual feeding fledglings photographs though.

Working fine for me.

We've a few boxes on the go but no cameras linked up.

Hopefully I'll get the anual feeding fledglings photographs though.

So your using the windows media player applet and getting sound?

30 seconds for soft boiled?

More seriously, which wall is the box mounted on? (NSEW?)

Back