Those GR4 images...published!

How do you go on with crown copyright with your personal stuff?

Effectively, these images (along with others I take at work) belong to the MOD. As far as I understand, I'm able to show them publically once they've been cleared for release, but purely as a portfolio example; I can't sell the images or anything as they're not mine. It's a pity, as some of the work doesn't even get past the clearance stage, but then it's a small price to pay for the opportunities we sometimes get! (y)

If you are not employed by the Crown as a photog then you own the copyright of images you take. CH, I guess you are an RAF photog? Thankfully I'm not which gives me more freedom in the use of my images.

Cheesy

If you are not employed by the Crown as a photog then you own the copyright of images you take. CH, I guess you are an RAF photog? Thankfully I'm not which gives me more freedom in the use of my images.

Cheesy

Yes I am, and you're right it can be a ball-ache at times! Technically speaking, the MOD can pull copyright on any image which has been taken due to circumstances they've put you in; so if you're in an MOD aircraft they could, if they wanted, tell you the copyright is theirs. I've never seen it happen personally, and it wouldn't really make sense for them to do it as it's bad PR, but those are the guidelines we were taught at Cosford.

Awesome photos. Are you able to comment on what Cheesy was asking about the fit, I guess it relates to weapons fitted?

Back