Threads locked, again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Telling someone to "wise up" is not the politest way of telling someone that maybe they should re-read something,as they may have misunderstood.
Just because someone else uses the term ( yes I saw the edit) it doesn't mean that you should.

It is and never was my intention to insult, argue or compliment anybody

Because there was a warning this morning in the bird section about the subject of this thread I am and was trying to ascertain what the reason was ..... that's all ...... and I still do not understand if there is a current not past problem in the Bird section ... had that warning not been posted I would never have read this thread

The warning was posted by a Moderator, so I took notice of it - this was the start of my conversation - it has now been turned around and I still do not know if there is a problem in the Bird Section

anyway the conversation has been quite useful, as it is an indication of how things can develop

Last edited:
Telling someone to "wise up" is not the politest way of telling someone that maybe they should re-read something,as they may have misunderstood.
Just because someone else uses the term ( yes I saw the edit) it doesn't mean that you should.

What exactly have ui misunderstood? Yes bill said we are talking current problems but rich mentioned the bird forum because it had issues that are the same as these on various threads.
In a nutshell how people talk
Which is why I said it's obvious as to why the bird section was brought up

What exactly have ui misunderstood? Yes bill said we are talking current problems but rich mentioned the bird forum because it had issues that are the same as these on various threads.
In a nutshell how people talk
Which is why I said it's obvious as to why the bird section was brought up

Don't quite understand what you mean

I came to this thread because of the warning in the Bird Section .... so I thought that there were still problems in the Bird Section - maybe there are ....... but I (we) or (some) seem to be going around in circles

"What exactly have ui misunderstood? Yes bill said we are talking current problems" - I thought that there was an indication that there were current problems, (in the Bird Section) - I realise that there were past problems

As far as I can see there are no such problems in the Bird Section - so why raise it - I thought the Mods had sorted past problems out - but maybe there are problems, (in the Bird Section), hence the warning

Last edited:
Bill, let it go before you get booted, last thing the bird section needs is losing another member who gives honest appraisal.

Thanks Ade - I'm off now for a drink or two now - so "they" - "them" "whoever" can have a rest

Is there still this type of problem in the Bird Section Ade? - I know there are other situations, but i thought that it was all calm and peaceful

Thanks Ade - I'm off now for a drink or two now - so "they" - "them" "whoever" can have a rest

Is there still this type of problem in the Bird Section Ade? - I know there are other situations, but i thought that it was all calm and peaceful
Dunno really, lost the will to live in there to be honest. Venture in now and again.

Have a glass of red ...or six.............and an early night.

What exactly have ui misunderstood?
No idea TBH Trace, it was the reason that Bill used for telling you to " wise up"
All I was saying was there are other ways of saying things,
which is exactly what this thread is about, one way or another ;)

Quote"
Dunno really, lost the will to live in there to be honest. Venture in now and again.

Have a glass of red ...or six.............and an early night."

Unquote

I've been in Japan for a week so I thought that I had missed something - had a couple of Japanese beers this lunchtime, so may hit the Red this evening

Last edited:
No idea TBH Trace, it was the reason that Bill used for telling you to " wise up"

we now seem to be talking about "wise up" rather than why there was a warning placed in the Bird Forum

I can now see why there are problems in other parts of the Forum

with all due respect and not wishing to say anything that insults anyone ........ IMHO "this place seems crazy" - but maybe it's my age!!

Last edited:

'What exactly have ui misunderstood"

presumably that means what exactly have U or I misunderstood - in some kind of internet speak

I, (we) have misunderstood the words "wise up" - I thought that they mean't something different to U ........ I used the word as my meaning - maybe we are separated by one language, or never trust what you think you have read on this Forum

but is that the point of this thread - maybe it is ........ it is all too complicated to me and U all jump in at the first pedantic phrase - we had problems in the Bird Section but they now seem trivial

Last edited:
we now seem to be talking about "wise up" rather than why there was a warning placed in the Bird Forum

I can now see why there are problems in other parts of the Forum

with all due respect and not wishing to say anything that insults anyone ........ IMHO "this place seems crazy" - but maybe it's my age!!
It's probably your age :)

Misunderstandings happen.
It's how you deal with the misunderstanding that is important.

Last edited:
Threads morph that's what they do,
This thread is not about the bird forum anyway.
Its about the forums fora(?) per se and general behaviour
Hence Dod's "Heads up"

Some of you here will probably never venture into Out of Focus so you may not have seen the following thread.

Threads morph that's what they do,
This thread is not about the bird forum anyway.
Its about the forums fora(?) per se and general behaviour
Hence Dod's "Heads up"

happy with that - I'll bow out and go back to my "images of Tokyo" thread

Dare I say it, apart from a few fractious posts, this thread has been very useful in allowing members and mods to express their opinions and thoughts about current issues

My hope is that we can all learn from it in a positive way and move forward together in a respectful manner to make TP an even better place to be.

Talk Photography is a fantastic place, a great multicultural, colorful, vibrant community, an online family of like minded people and for me at least over the last year a place that has helped me keep my sanity and stopped me from descending into the depths of depression.

Talk Photography is many things to so many different people in so many different ways and I for one am grateful for that

Wow this thread could get real ugly when folk get back from the pub about 11pm

It's gone awful quiet...

Who's been banned?

Wow this thread could get real ugly when folk get back from the pub about 11pm
In that case, I'll close it at 22:59 that'll p***'em off :D

I think it was mentioned that whoever hit the 257 post was it!
emoji14.png
It was also mentioned that who ever mentioned it was too ;)
( first rule of fight club ;) )

Dale Carnegie "which would you rather win - an argument or a friend?"

He was a bit overweight...

IMHO, it is indeed a somewhat "twisted" forum from my perspective...... illustrated by and revealed in this thread ....... I have just read through it

I am almost 69 years old and have been "around" quite a lot ............. how things and people have changed because of the anonymity of the internet forum which does not give a face to face presence ......... I just wonder how some people chose to lead there lives ...........

not really for me, Adult is the correct word but used in the wrong context

Last edited:
IMHO, it is indeed a somewhat "twisted" forum from my perspective...... illustrated by and revealed in this thread ....... I have just read through it

I am almost 69 years old and have been "around" quite a lot ............. how things and people have changed because of the anonymity of the internet forum which does not give a face to face presence ......... I just wonder how some people chose to lead there lives ...........

not really for me, Adult is the correct word but used in the wrong context

You say that but I guess it depends on how you use the forum, in my instance I must have actually met 4-500 members of this forum at one time or another, I've had nights down the pub with some, others have been to my house, I talk with some on a regular basis on the phone...there are many I now consider to be good friends who I'd never have met but for this forum...so I guess you could say the forum is only as anonymous as you want to make it

I must have actually met 4-500 members of this forum at one time or another,
Golly. I hope you don't come down with anything too catching as with your social life you could infect half the internet :D

I must have actually met 4-500 members of this forum at one time or another, I've had nights down the pub with some, others have been to my house, I talk with some on a regular basis on the phone...there are many I now consider to be good friends who I'd never have met but for this forum...so I guess you could say the forum is only as anonymous as you want to make it

Is that typical of this Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back