Three more new Nikon cameras

I have, but it's not for me. Too bulky and an even smaller sensor. If I'm not going pocketable I may as well stick with my EM5-II (y)

Yeah, Im tempted but Fuji need to put at least a 1" in their cameras now.

Looks like this guy has the issue I thought would be a problem with the DL's, the zoom lever placement. Goes for the usual more natural place but it's the on/off switch. I can envisage a lot of people turning the camera off by mistake when they try to zoom. I'm sure there's a reason that Nikon designed it like this, but I sure as hell haven't figured it out yet. Just seems bad ergonomics/a design flaw to me, your finger naturally falls on the shutter button position so it makes sense to have this as the location for the zoom. Obviously I'll reserve full judgement until I get to try it myself ;)

View: http://youtu.be/O_BZsLYlnL8

Yep that's going to happen a lot, the funny thing is that they got it right on the 24-500

I have the RX10 but I think I'll be replacing it with 24-500

I have to say I just cannot see the point of carrying around 3 cameras just because they have different focal lengths, really pointless even making them let alone buying them. Far better with a D800 series and a 24-70mm and/or80-400mm lens bearing in mind how much cropping can be achieved would be and is my choice of which I have.

These new cameras make Nikon looking as if they are struggling to find a new twist on what might sell hopefull. So Nikon get a thumbs down from me and i have always had Nikon cameras and lenses and a big Nikon fan.
Yes but people don't want to carry heavy gear around all the time,these are a good alternative, 1 inch sensors are popular, nikon are competing not struggling, it's about time imo

Last edited:
Anyone been to the photography show and had a play with these new DL's? Any thoughts?

Anyone been to the photography show and had a play with these new DL's? Any thoughts?
Would be nice for someone to get their hands on these so we've some idea whether they're as good as hoped but nikon seem slow moving on lending them out as they are actually producing them

I like the look of the 18-50 and 24-85. Seem like they could be RX100 killers.

I've just ordered an RX100 IV but will switch to one of these depending on reviews when they come out. After owning a Sony A7 and AS100 I really dislike Sony as brand when it comes to support and looking after their customers.

What isn't mentinoed if whether they use XVAC or AVCHD. The latter being worse. Also not mentinoed if you can shoot video in Log for grading afterwards. Then of course there is how quickly they step up from f1.8 the Sony does it almost immedately.

Yeah, the June shipping date is daft. Just announce, then release the same week.

I've just ordered an RX100 IV but will switch to one of these depending on reviews when they come out. After owning a Sony A7 and AS100 I really dislike Sony as brand when it comes to support and looking after their customers.

What isn't mentinoed if whether they use XVAC or AVCHD. The latter being worse. Also not mentinoed if you can shoot video in Log for grading afterwards. Then of course there is how quickly they step up from f1.8 the Sony does it almost immedately.

Yeah, the June shipping date is daft. Just announce, then release the same week.
Yes afraid it's a waiting game, it seems a silly time to bring them out half way through the summer. Before would have been more sensible but nikon work in mysterious ways

I bought the g7x whilst waiting for the 24-85mm, although tbh the G7x is a really nice camera so won't be in a rush to swap. I thought I'd seen somewhere that showed how quickly they stopped down, and it wasn't as quickly as the Sony,but can't remember where and so could be making it up :LOL:

I think the things that would make me swap are the hot shoe and the fact it can take filters, plus if early reports are right edge to edge sharpness is excellent, which the same can't be said for the G7x.

Two things (other than the price) that will be annoying with the Nikon is that when you use the step zoom it disables the zoom switch as you have to set the step zoom to w-t to be able to use the switch. On the G7x both are active simultaneously. The second thing is the placement of the zoom switch, still can't for the life of me figure that one out.

Pretty valid reason for a delay tbh.
Well it doesn't read as though the DL's are delayed due to the earthquake, it states "serious issues with the integrated circuit"

Nikon had problems with p900 to, seems to a common issue with Nikon

That doesn't sound good, but at least Nikon are being honest I suppose! A pity as my husband and I were going to buy one each for our summer birthdays!! Maybe for Christmas instead?

That's a real shame. Was looking forward to getting DL24-85 f/1.8-2.8 to pair with the D750. It would have also prevented me from looking into the Lumix G80 / 20mm combo and then getting gas for more M43 stuff!

Back