Three of trees in the Ullswater area

Would love to know how you processed these. They have an amazing mysterious look. What do they look like straight out of the camera?
id love to know too. fantastic eerie softness about them with the muted tones .
obviously the location and the composition and the key elements in these shot but the processing just adds a finishing touch to otherwise excellent shots.
care to share the process or are they custom made macros?

So, Mark, would you care to walk us through your PP for developing an image like this? I've been experimenting, and can somewhere near, but suspect I'm missing a piece of the puzzle (as well as taking images differently). (y)

I really love No2, the only slight distraction for me is the greenery In the bottom right corner I think id have dropped the exposure on that to make it less of a distraction (But that's just me) but I appreciate that you do not make selective adjustments, fair play! Its really just nit picking Mark and I think you have developed a unique and excellent method of processing your images, more power to your elbow .... there fantastic! Love No 3 colour and B&W and woodland wonders... You create the most fantastic atmosphere with your superb processing Mark... Don't be a stranger we love looking at your images Mate!(y)
Great Set!

Cheers mate. I don't want to get into Photoshop too much as I know what I'm like. I have a bit of an OCD thing with software and I'd end up going into it 100% and it would take over my life. Best way to avoid that is not to start on layers and masks.

As regards my processing/split toning using Lightroom there is a wee article under construction as I've been asked to do something along those lines and it would make a nice subject for next seasons talks as well.

The mono images in the opening post are excellent, may I ask what focal length was used in the first image?

Cheers

Matt

First one was the Zeiss 18mm, second was the Nikon 180mm 2.8D and the third the Sigma 35mm ART.

Looking forward to reading your article Mark! I know what you mean about photoshop only too well

Back