Thruxton Truck Racing

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone been to the Truck Racing before? I understand spectators are pushed back to higher view points and I wondered if this completely kills off any opportunities for photography.

Yes, for safety you will probably not be allowed to stand on any level places with only small tyre walls - if you see one of the trucks come off an not even slow down through gravel and tyre walls you will know why!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVut8Jp6g_g

However, I recall most of the good photo spots at Thruxton are on the embankment anyway, so unlikely to be an issue.

It was fine, in fact I felt uncomfortably close in some places, particularly as all the marshals retreated at least 20ft up the embankment behind me! Super day, the trucks are incredible. One of them flipped, which was one hell of a sight, driver fine thankfully.

Thruxton Truck Racing by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

t was fine, in fact I felt uncomfortably close in some places, particularly as all the marshals retreated at least 20ft up the embankment behind me! Super day, the trucks are incredible. One of them flipped, which was one hell of a sight, driver fine thankfully.

Yes, I saw them at Donnington Park last year and was very impressed with them - just a shame of all the catch fencing at Donnington now, they did previous year run at Oulton Park, which was an excellent meet, but I couldn't get there...

Excellent capture :)

Back