dynamic range… but the tonalities are appreciable. The DoF

is insufficient for those light conditions and the PoF is too far
in the shot.

Good effort… one step at the time.

Last edited:

Most welcome!

Last edited:
Dear sir,

I just wanted to say that I liked the second image best of all. I came from a farming community and live in a rural area. I appreciate scenes such as this with equipment juxtaposed against the morning mist. Is that a baler? I thought those were haybales behind.

Marie

The apparent lack of details in #1 is due to a too ambitious
dynamic range… but the tonalities are appreciable. The DoF

is insufficient for those light conditions and the PoF is too far
in the shot.

I would disagree with most of this. The depth of field looks fine to me, certainly more interesting than having everything appear sharply focussed. The point of focus is on the cattle - exactly where it should be to highlight the interest in the image; the cattle, and the layering of mist around them.

I would straighten the horizon, and clone out those dust spots. I'd also probably tweak the white balance and saturation.

James, the poster is sharpening both his shooting and rendition skills. I was
given the shootings settings: ƒ5 and PoF on the horizon. Dazzler is a well
driven starter that is still fine tuning the correct camera setups but learning
fast… he'll be getting the hang of it! As I told him: "one step at the time"!

Your comments, though, may trigger a new version… who knows?

Dear sir,

I just wanted to say that I liked the second image best of all. I came from a farming community and live in a rural area. I appreciate scenes such as this with equipment juxtaposed against the morning mist. Is that a baler? I thought those were haybales behind.

Marie

Hi marie

Its not a baler its a digger as they have been digging out the dykes ready for the extra rain water as this is on marshland, and the things you can see in the background are cows.

thank you for the comment guys.

james i may try and clone the dust spots out but as kodiak said im still learning, I may try an play with the WB an saturation but it depends when i next manage to get on my mac, as i dont get the time i would like to be able to at present.

Back