weekly Tillys 52 for 2018 Week 29 Round

Hi Craig

Dark, on theme and not a bad attempt for your first go at night. For me the foreground is a bit tatty and there is nothing to focus attention on. Get the council to relay that road, add some interest and have another go. What was down the road to your left and right, would it have made a better image?

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeh it might have been a more interesting shot of it was further to the right, I'll have another look at it if I get chance and see how it looks

I can se you're going for a small aperture to get the starbursts.
It was on a tripod (15 secs), so my comment / question would be:
Why ISO 800 and 15 secs rather than ISO 400 and 30 / ISO 200 & 60 or ISO 100 and 120 seconds?
I'll give you that there isn't any discernible noise in the image (at least not that I can see), but when on a tripod, I would usually go for base ISO and lengthen the exposure.

Now it is a road, so perhaps 2 minutes without a car is pushing it, and hence the higher ISO, but wanted to understand your thinking on this.

Thanks for the comments Tim, to be honest having never shot at night I had no idea where to start and when selecting iso on camera it says 800 for night shots so that's what I went with. I'll have to give it another try with the advice I've been given as I enjoyed trying something new and look forward to where it might lead.

Back