weekly Tilly's 52 for 2020 Week 15 Snappers Choice and 16 First Initial

Week 9 Winter & Technique
I couldn't find any snow left and I've already used the bad weather in provious posts I went with the end of winter and took a picture of a daffodil. Not very original I admit but I haven't had time to find much else. I tried to edit the shot to make it high key for the current technique but having never used this technique before I did the best I could do.

Week 9 Winter & Technique by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Lovely use of DOF and I like the mono conversion.

Hey Tilz.
Week 9 is still part of Technique 1 (Silhouette), High Key is from Week 10.
A nice bit of mono conversion and loving the shallow DoF.
But I'm afraid I don't see it as High Key, which really wants the background lit to the same level as the subject.
I posted a Tony & Chelsea (sorry) article on High Key in the main thread which might help.

Oops I'll have to try again for high key in the next few weeks then Tim. Thanks for the comments guys I liked how this shot turned out

Hi Tilly, A photo that works well for winter and great minds think alike. Better luck with high key for your next themes.

Pete

I like that. The b/w conversion suit the theme as it looks colder than it would in colour.

Week 10 Depict a Book
I drew inspiration from one of my favorite films High Fidelity that was adapted from a book. I'd love to work in a record shop but I think I'd spend more money than I'd make. I took the shot from the back corner of the shop so that I wan't seen by the guy at the desk, you know what those people get like lol. Another b&w conversion from me because I thought the subject suited it and I prefer shooting b&w :)
Week 10 Depict a Book by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice bit of mono :)

book - great B&W picture of the inside of a record store! Well composed!

Vinyl has never been something that's done it for me. Working in a vintage camera shop however...

Nice photo - the B&W treatment suits it well, and I like the composition with the door leading out of the right hand side.

Book - The b/w suits it and I like the oof records in the foreground

Last edited:
Book
I think you've got the composition about right, it's not always easy indoors.

Nicely captured for book, looks a great place.

Week 11 Transport
Struggled picking the camera up this week with everything going on in the world but while putting a new chain on my mountain bike I decided to take a pic of it, well of the cassette anyway :). It's nothing too special and it saves me falling behind.
Week 11 Transport by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

That got the old cogs whirring eh Craig?

:coat:

Great shot, I like the slightly oof vibrant green of the frame behind the mechanics!

You say it's nothing to special. So it may not be award winning, but it meets the criteria of the theme and is well taken, showing a good amount of detail and colour.

Thanks for the comments guys

Week 12 Fence
Took this while out for a walk today with my wife n kids, the mast is well fenced in. I wasn't planning on doing a b&w conversion but I gave it a quick look and I really liked how the sky looks in b&w so stuck with it.
Week 12 Fence by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Nice shot Tilly. The mono conversion works really well here and it's spot on for the theme too. I suspect that it brought out the best in the sky.

Bang on theme, nice processing too Craig

You've probably made the right choice in the b&w conversion, it looks like a bright shiny day.

Nice shot another who thinks mono looks good.

Book - Nice take on the theme works for me

Transport - Great take on the theme something a bit different I like to details and splash of colour.

Fence - Nice B&W images works well for the theme I like the fact you haven't chopped to the top of mast off.

Back