Time Lapse Video

Name
T
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I own a Canon EOS 7Dii which has an intervalometer function for taking time lapse photos.

My question is what software do I use to stitch the phots together ( once I have edited in LightRoom ) to produce a video ! ?

I currently use a GoPro Hero 4 Black for time lapse video. The IQ is OK, however I can not zoom in to any subject to isolate it. Now I have EOS 7Dii I can make use of my 70-300L IS USM

I have LightRoom, early version of Photoshop, canons DPP, GoPro software all on windows 7 PC tower

Many thanks

T

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance (I neither shoot time-lapses nor own Lightroom, but I do have a 7DII) but doesn't LR process time-lapses?
Not sure how easy it is (again, my ignorance) but I've just read a guide for LR 5.2 - seemed to be fairly straightforward.

[**Edit**]

It looks like you need to install a preset, and then process it as a slideshow.
(Probably makes more sense to you than it does to me!:D)

Good luck :)

Last edited:
I use Adobe After Effects for compiling mine but i'm sure there are free alternatives out there

Forgive my ignorance (I neither shoot time-lapses nor own Lightroom, but I do have a 7DII) but doesn't LR process time-lapses?
Not sure how easy it is (again, my ignorance) but I've just read a guide for LR 5.2 - seemed to be fairly straightforward.

[**Edit**]

It looks like you need to install a preset, and then process it as a slideshow.
(Probably makes more sense to you than it does to me!:D)

Good luck :)

That is a good point, only problem is I use an older version of LR and so I do not have 5.2 options.
I do not sign up for the web based subscription for LR.

So if I want to do panning movement within the high resolution images offered by the 7Dii in time lapse I do indeed need to use a conversion software of some sort.
I do have GoPro processing software which might also process RAW files from a canon camera, that I should look into as well.

Back