Time on my hands

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
My plans of going out to do a spot of long exposure shooting went out of the window with constant rain and cruddy skies, so I decided to have a play with my watch.

16012837429_c827f0a6df_c.jpg
Seamaster by digitalfailure, on Flickr​

Nice watch, fancy one of those myself.. Well lit and very sharp too.

That is just superb!. Wonderful clarity and colour rendition. I feel like just diving into the dial.

Thanks for the comments

It's a single exposure taken at 160/1 @F32 using a single large strip soft box positioned quite close and above on a slight angle.

Thats damn good for sure. Did you use a macro to get that frame so full. I have tried to take photos of my watch. Which I thought were okish but nothing like this quality :)

Gaz

Yeah, the old canon 100mm macro lens was used. The image isn't cropped. HtH :)

Great shot, really jumps off the page - Omega could use that in their brochures!

Lovely watch also, love the depth of the dial with the raised hour markers and the skeleton hands look great.

Echoing a few other comments, I have tried my hand at the odd watch shot before, but not a patch on this one.

Not a bad attempt Brian at product photography, In fact an "Excellent" bit of work.(y)

George.

F32 Peter, sounds like it should give massive depth of field.....but due to the distance to subject its not :D

What's stopping you, it's just a camera, one light and a little bit of time #justdoit ;)

Brian;

After viewing this AMAZING image again, I think I'd be sending an email to 'Omega' showing them your photographic talents.

Do no harm..........#justdoit ;)

Best wishes;
Pete

they didn't bite on their twitter feed....... :( Maybe Hublot or UWERK would like to loan me some pieces to work on #hereshoping :)

Spot on product shot with just the right amount of light. I see you have also set the dials to nine after ten - apparently the best time to display a watch face for maximum impact.

Yes, the hands were positioned there on purpose and the watch was then stopped. Having the hands covering the important features wasn't an option :)

And it was taken on the 3rd!!!!
Brilliant like everyone has said.

Back