Time to have a clear out!

• Thread starter Deleted member 21335
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21335

Well, the time has come to get rid of a load of stuff. The more cameras I have, the less I use some of them. Just got back from ten days in Iceland with my two favourites, the Hasselblad 500cm and the Leica M2. These are gonna be the first to go. Think my friend has just had the Hassy from me (far too cheaply) and the Leica is for sale on here.

I keep trying to tell myself that they are just mental and glass, but these old film cameras have a hold over me like digital doesn't. Why am I doing this? I have no idea. I don't really need the money. I just feel like consumption has gotten out of hand. It's not like I am doing without. For film I have the F100 and Contax 645 which whilst amazing, are rather soulless. *sigh*

Anyone else in this section done similar?

I think loads of people have sold cameras...and then wished they hadn't and bought another...

Why are you getting rid of the two you like and not the F100 and Contax?. What will you be shooting with other than them?.

I think loads of people have sold cameras...and then wished they hadn't and bought another...

Why are you getting rid of the two you like and not the F100 and Contax?. What will you be shooting with other than them?.

I feel I need those two for weddings. The dream is to go 100% film weddings in the future and the Contax/F100 are the right combination for that. For general travel and mooching about though, they are soulless and a rather large.

I also have several Polaroids that I may shift and an AE-1.

I feel I need those two for weddings. The dream is to go 100% film weddings in the future and the Contax/F100 are the right combination for that. For general travel and mooching about though, they are soulless and a rather large.

I also have several Polaroids that I may shift and an AE-1.
Makes sense... but even so, I'd keep one of the two you plan on selling, if only because you have that connection/affinity with them that the others aren't giving you. But yes, even I go through that, or did, now I just keep everything :LOL:

Makes sense... but even so, I'd keep one of the two you plan on selling, if only because you have that connection/affinity with them that the others aren't giving you. But yes, even I go through that, or did, now I just keep everything :LOL:

Hasselblad is already a done deal. At least I know it's gone to a good home. Prices have shot up so I could have stuck it on eBay and made money but sold it to a friend for what I paid for it.

I've recently got an MPP which I am yet to shoot. Need to get on that soon or I will end up selling it. ha.

Hasselblad is already a done deal. At least I know it's gone to a good home. Prices have shot up so I could have stuck it on eBay and made money but sold it to a friend for what I paid for it.

I've recently got an MPP which I am yet to shoot. Need to get on that soon or I will end up selling it. ha.
Ahhh so you had intended to go large format eventually?.

H'mm if you don't need the money couldn't you put them in the wardrobe (or somewhere)...and what would you use for mooching about... a digi?

Ahhh so you had intended to go large format eventually?.

Of course. I have a box of Portra 400 in the fridge. Just need the right person to have a go. :)

H'mm if you don't need the money couldn't you put them in the wardrobe (or somewhere)...and what would you use for mooching about... a digi?

Don't be ridiculous. Haha. I have no desire to shoot digitally.

What are typical getting rid of your two favourites? :eek:

I don't know what that means.

I hope you don't mind me being forthright but someone's got to tell you.

You're being weird mate.

Bitterness and regret are the only outcome.

Stop it this instant.
Me three. Keep the ones you love. Dump the rest!

Haha, thanks. Perhaps you're right but the Hasselblad has already gone. Just need to shift the Leica now and then perhaps the Canon AE-1.

Damned auto correct!

Just wondering why you're getting rid of your two favourites as you made note of them in your original post - don't fit in with work maybe?

Ha. Dunno really. Just thought I would get rid of some things. The less I have, the more I will use and get used to one camera I hope.

Similarly, I lusted after the Hassy XPan for ages. Got it, it was unpleasant to actually use, so I sold it. My only regret is that I sold it for cheap, as I needed the money quickly! Cameras are just things - if you find you miss them more than you expected, buy them again.

Similarly, I lusted after the Hassy XPan for ages. Got it, it was unpleasant to actually use, so I sold it. My only regret is that I sold it for cheap, as I needed the money quickly! Cameras are just things - if you find you miss them more than you expected, buy them again.

I would LOVE an Xpan. I have this vision of shooting Cinestill 800 with one and making some really cinematic images. Alas, ambition outweighs my ability. Haha.

Damn! I could have been tempted by that kit. Never mind.

Tenner for your Df? ;) :p

The Hassy went for an absolute bargain you know.

The Df's will be for sale after September and for 100 tenners - ish.

I would LOVE an Xpan. I have this vision of shooting Cinestill 800 with one and making some really cinematic images. Alas, ambition outweighs my ability. Haha.

Cinematic was my vision for it too! And the images it made were really nice, but physically it was annoying and soulless to use, for me.

Go home, Gareth! You're drunk! :LOL:

One does not sell a Leica or Hasselblad.

Jokes aside, I get the angle you're coming from. Sometimes having too many cameras can put a bit of a limit on you. I've been there many of times and often selling what you use the least does feel somewhat liberating. They are just "things" / "tools" at the end of the day.

I love seeing your work on IG with film. Although a bit soulless, keeping the F100 and Contax over the others for what you intend to use them for does make sense.

If you regret selling then I'm sure you could soon pick another up from the likes of Aperture or Ffordes.

I'd probably miss the Hasselblad over the M2 if it was me. I just love shooting with mine, or even just MF in general.

Cinematic was my vision for it too! And the images it made were really nice, but physically it was annoying and soulless to use, for me.

Interesting point. I still wanna try one. :)

*Reads first paragraph*

*facedesk*

*attempts contemplation*

*facedesk*

*coma*

*/me afk*

Ha! :D

Go home, Gareth! You're drunk! :LOL:

One does not sell a Leica or Hasselblad.

Jokes aside, I get the angle you're coming from. Sometimes having too many cameras can put a bit of a limit on you. I've been there many of times and often selling what you use the least does feel somewhat liberating. They are just "things" / "tools" at the end of the day.

I love seeing your work on IG with film. Although a bit soulless, keeping the F100 and Contax over the others for what you intend to use them for does make sense.

If you regret selling then I'm sure you could soon pick another up from the likes of Aperture or Ffordes.

I'd probably miss the Hasselblad over the M2 if it was me. I just love shooting with mine, or even just MF in general.

Thank you for the nice words. The Hasselblad has gone. Far too cheaply (I said that already) but you don't make money on friends, right? Leica is still for sale and will probably stick it on eBay tonight and get stung for fees etc. You're right, I will definitely mis shooting those beautiful squares from the Hasselblad.

Yeah, i def think mental might be more accurate ;-) but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do i guess :)

I have far to many film cameras , Will I sell them

Oh No I won't :runaway:

:film:

Back