Daily Timmy's 365 - Well that's that then.

I'll just go C&P my reply from Flickr - you don't always post here the same day, so I commented there :p

Lol, I'm not very good at sticking to a routine so I end up posting all over the place :) Don't worry I saw your response on Flickr and I think it's an excellent idea!

you could try with a laser pen..;)

Another genius idea! No doubt I'd end up blinding myself where lasers are concerned though...

Thanks both, and in the spirit of sticking to a routine... here's another little gem from yesterday:

113/365/2013 - Rabbit Hutch Spider by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Spider is excellent. As for the diamonds, they can be a nightmare, I did some work a few years ago for a local jeweller & what they want is an image that shows all the facets, so you can't really get a sparkle on it at all, you have to light it so you can see all the cuts & the way to do that is to focus on the back of the stone, rather than the front.
Nightmare to work with, did hundreds of shots, all colour matched to the stones, then he decided he wanted all the RAW shots to have processed, which I'd said he should do in the first place as I'm not a commercial retoucher!! Still, I'd been paid so just let him get on with it. They didn't go onto a web site for another 12 months & they have been processed well to get the pure white backgrounds, but the stones are very exaggerated colours.

Hi Tim! I missed a bit catchup while I was on holiday etc, so instead of commenting indivdually I'll just say, great catchup, and enjoyed looking through these! Especially the dancing girls :LOL:

Thanks all!

Spider is excellent. As for the diamonds, they can be a nightmare, I did some work a few years ago for a local jeweller & what they want is an image that shows all the facets, so you can't really get a sparkle on it at all, you have to light it so you can see all the cuts & the way to do that is to focus on the back of the stone, rather than the front.
Nightmare to work with, did hundreds of shots, all colour matched to the stones, then he decided he wanted all the RAW shots to have processed, which I'd said he should do in the first place as I'm not a commercial retoucher!! Still, I'd been paid so just let him get on with it. They didn't go onto a web site for another 12 months & they have been processed well to get the pure white backgrounds, but the stones are very exaggerated colours.

Ah that's how it should be done then! You ain't gonna get no bling like that though... In the end my friend selected a different image where the diamond looked much cleaner (although more like glass to me). You might still be able to see it here, but that was just flooding it with light. Still it was a fun challenge trying to get it to work, and something I'd like to try again. Thanks very much for sharing your knowledge. Now if you can all just send me your jewellery so I can develop further, it would be much appreciated (y)

Great catch up there Tim. Love the moon!! And expresso ....why do I feel the spider is looking right at me!!?? .....and is there a time limit looking for wall-e?? I still haven't find him.... Red and white hat right?

Excellent catch up Tim.

I've never had any success with the moon at all :( Must try it again now with this borrowed lens :D

114 really caught my eye - excellent shirt, styling and processing :D

Looooving #114. Been wanting to take a photo like that for a while but will need to wait for my finger to remove itself from.. ahem.

? .....and is there a time limit looking for wall-e?? I still haven't find him.... Red and white hat right?

Keep looking. He's there. I promise ;)

Thanks all!

Ok, another big catchup session, and I'm sory to say a fair few more fillers :shake:

123/365/2013 - The Nag's Head by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

124/365/2013 - Bounty Hunter by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

125/365/2013 - MGM by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

126/3652013 - Fiddlehead by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

127/365/2013 - At the platform by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Excellent catch up - love the Dip of the bees/wasps nest (y) The frog is beautifully done and I'm strangely drawn to the hole in the wall - probably because I want know what's in there :D

Love 134 - I keep meaning to buy one of those.

Nice lighting on the Mayan Man

Another interesting catch up the Smorgasbord has the makings of a good party :) Next year Eurovision Party at mine - Bacon butties and Eurovision fancy dress - I'm hoping to get my hands on enough sequins for a Waterloo suit :D

Thankyoooo!

Here's the result of another mini-project I did over the weekend. I've started a new roll of film with it, so be a while before I get to see the results (or how bad the light leas are)!

138/365/2013 - Loonar Groupe Hole-OnEx by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

And today, after a wander in the garden. It really is getting very overgrown now. Not sure if I can be bothered mowing it as I'm hoping it will be all dug up in the not too distant future:

139/365/2013 - Clock Strike by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Back