Titan Armoured Engineer Vehicle (REAV)

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
New armoured engineer vehicle used by 32 Engineer Coy. Konotop, Poland, last month. New vehicle is based on the Challenger chassis rather than the old Chieftan chassis.

7BDE070380077E.jpg

You wouldnt want to meet that comming the wrong way down a 1 way street driving a Fiat punto would you?

You wouldnt want to meet that comming the wrong way down a 1 way street driving a Fiat punto would you?

That would be horrific, "driving a Fiat Punto":bonk:

That looks like one hell of a machine :eek: What does it do Rob?

looks like it belongs in a Mad Max movie, very intimidateing

Digs up minefields at about 40mph cross-country (really - we watched it do it...), lays IR flashing beacons automatically to mark the cleared lanes, lays fascines in ditches etc etc - the Real-Life Swiss-Army Knife of Military Engineering.
The Mud-Grubbers are really, REALLY excited by it.

More Pix:

7BDE070380025E.jpg

Virgil Tracey being filmed by BFBS

7BDE070380152E.jpg

At Speed

7BDE070380157E.jpg

Showing fascines on rear deck and minefield markers (£180 each - those little sticks)

Could do with one of those for my works car park :naughty:

Desipite the cool digging things with hunks of metal in the front to take the brunt of a mine going off I would still prefer to bagsey the seat at the back. :)

That first pic is kinda cool, but its not really very clear what we are looking at. Prefer the 2nd in that respect.

As an ex-infantryman, anything with wheels or tracks is just another big green box to me, so the challenge to make an interesting image is always uppermost in my mind.
Doing 'stock' recognition shots of this stuff is like slow death to me, hence the interesting viewpoint.

Back