TLR question

magicaxeman

An Idiot
Edit My Images
No
Would changing the shutter speed on a TLR when the shutters cocked bugger the shutter? or leaving it cocked overnight?

The 635 was working fine, brother had a look last night and played with it, now the shutter wont fire.

Shouldn't do Ian, just tried it a few times with my "A" and nothing nasty happened. Is the shutter button springing back OK -it may just be a bit sticky?

Sometimes if they're sticky they can stop working if you exercise the shutter after a long period in store.
If you put them in a warm place like an airing cupboard overnight (not too warm) they can cure themselves.
The secret is the shutter should be slowly brought back to life -not shocked (so I'm told)
Mark

Just checked and according to Yashica in the manual "Do not change the shutter speed when the shutter is cocked" apparently it can damage them.

No nothing, timer is just sticking where its set, no tension in the shutter release, its like its already cocked but not releasing.

My brother picked it up and was playing with it last night, I remember telling him not to press the shutter etc or wind on the film advance as it was loaded with FP4, I have a feeling it was too late and he had already cocked the shutter as well as turned everything in sight.
He should have known better, he's had TLR's before, I havent, and not having a lot of luck, got a nice collection of Yashica paper weights up until this one and its mint, one owner from new... oh well thats £90 on repairs next month then.

Not good mate - you want me to have a look?

It's ok Arthur, I'll see what I can turn up via the Yashica forum I just found first, either way its a new trim kit though as the front covers go brittle and break up when you try to remove them.
Unless of course they know some simple reset trick.

The shutter on yours is also different to the one on the 635, so that may be why it works ok.

I'll string my brother up when he gets back from holiday...well maybe not, he's the last one left

A Yashica Forum?

Do you have a link to them?

Shame on the 635 I have a 124G and love it

Back