Critique To the left, to the right, or in the Middle - Bacl at Rattray head

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Was back in the area a month back visiting my best mate and thought I'd have another run at Rattray head.

It was a windier day so I was delighted to get some more movement in the sea but it was quite overcast. I prefer nice warm light in my images, this really has none of it. Not sure if they are candidates for B&W or any other ways to improve them...other than going back again.

To the left

_DSC9992 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

In the middle

_DSC9993 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

To the right

_DSC9998 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

None, all rubbish - no reflections ;)

On a serious note, on the right, the other two the lighthouse feels "wrong" (great technical crit there - not!) I'll try and explain - the rt hand side of the lighthouse looks at odd with the left in terms of angle, it seems too upright. The last image it balances better. All have lovely tones though.

In the middle for me because the "simplicity" of the foreground and background make me want the lighthouse to dominate, in the others I feel there ought to be something else in the open space. I also love the foreground waves in #2

Left matey. The cloud in the middle one is two heavy on the right, it unbalances what would be a very nice image. With the LH on the left, the large cloud offers balance to the comp. I like these mate.

Sq centred, preferably a bit more wave action and i agree that some of that lovely pink and blue sunset light we've been getting in the north east recently would lift them. You'll just have to go back.

Left matey. The cloud in the middle one is two heavy on the right, it unbalances what would be a very nice image. With the LH on the left, the large cloud offers balance to the comp. I like these mate.

Thanks. It's mine but for the waves just left of the light house...

I'd hoped for some more movement in the sea.

Will be back again, great place to spend an afternoon

Back