Today's Skies

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a walk up the local hill to capture these sky shots as the contrast between the sun and cloud looked good.. No rain though.

333g3gx.jpg

2gx03mb.jpg

4kag3n.jpg

xfaioi.jpg

I like #3 - looks like the cloud is almost touching the trig point. Reminds me of of low cloud over my local hills one time I was flying. The trig point could do with a touch of keystoning, though. It has a bit of a lean.

Many thanks all.

Really like the sky in the second one, got a nice glow.
Mark..It was that contrast that got me out up there,as you see it needs broken cloud so the sun can shine on the landscape.

I like #3 - looks like the cloud is almost touching the trig point. Reminds me of of low cloud over my local hills one time I was flying. The trig point could do with a touch of keystoning, though. It has a bit of a lean.
Jan..I wonder if that trig point lean is the result of my 17mm wide angle ? I did notice it but it's so small I don't think I could correct it as would be the case with a building

Is it Painswick Beacon?
That's right,Jeff. Painswick Beacon. I get a good all round view from there and need to be there for 'stuff' coming out of the west whereas Cud Hill,prior to the Beacon on the road out but on the right only gives a north and east view.

#1 is a winner for me. :clap: The rest don't compare imo.
Cheers, David. I'd parked the car at the base of the hill and was walking up to the trig loin area t and the tree caught my eye, the light green against the black sky.

I'm a storm and sky man KQc..lol. Any hint of a storm and I'm out there. Many people don't look up and see the wonderful cloud structures. Another chap turned up with his son and they got to the trig point, took a shot and was walking away when I suggested he wait a few minutes for the sun to come out and the grey cloud would turn ink black . He did that and was very pleased.

Back