Todays trip to the Lake District.

Edit My Images
Yes
The alarm went off at 0330 this morning and I got up and headed south to the Lakes, the weather wasn't great, but the rain held off till around 1330ish. Managed to get a few shots. A selection of the better ones follow.....

1.Sunrise over Ullswater

2292473716_6740f509a3.jpg

2.Thirlmere waterfall

2291686999_60a5829384.jpg

3.Lonely Tree on Rydal Water

2291682241_7668b7936e.jpg

4.Big Hill south of Patterdale.

2292467208_36d9687558.jpg

5. Matterdale Church

2291680511_859869b7a3.jpg

6.Thirlmere Water Treatment Works

2291689395_69880af2d0.jpg

All comments welcome and appreciated

Dave

love no.1 and 2 - 4 are also great, worth getting up for :)

Nice set love them all, #1 is great, #3 is lovely but looks like it could stand a tiny straighten anti clock

Thanks for the comments :)

It was an early start, but was definitely worth it. As well as the photo's also had a couple of pleasant walks before the rains came!

I now see that the horizon is needing straightened on #3, didn't notice it when I processed it :bonk:

Excellent shots Dave,

Jealous, I spent all day in the office, work gets in the way of photography soooooooo much!!!!

I will need to try and get out more.

I love the (old) Garrion Bridge, wonder if you have any shots of it.

I grew up, just up the hill in Larkhall.

Lovely set (y) No3 is the winner for me :)

I'd love to see these a bit bigger :shrug: You can post up to 800 px on the longest edge before you get the pixel police on your case ;)

Excellent set of shots you have there CLDave :clap:
Well worth the early rise.(y)

All very good shots. I particularly like no 1, 2 and 5. The clouds look 3D in no 1 :clap:
3 o'clock start that's dedication to your art (y)

Thank you very much for your kind comments everyone, I was quite pleased with them, but to have other people, especially good photographers, compliment them, means a lot more!

Seppi, I cross the Garrion Bridges at least twice a day going to and from work. I don't have any photo's of them, but plan to get the waders out and try and get some decent shots this summer.

Grendel, I'll post future photographs a bit bigger, I just uploaded them from my flickr site for quickness.

Dave (y)

Great shots. No 1 is magical and i can see it nicely framed hanging on my lounge wall. (y) :clap:

Nice set Dave and oh there's that tree again :LOL: I'm sure those lone trees are planted for us photogs to enjoy :LOL: (y)

Nice set Dave.
Give me a pm m8 and we will get a day out together.
Im in Shotts about 5 miles from you.

Number 3 is my favorite! kind of photo Ive wanted to get for a long time, Just a random tree in the middle of a field... even though yours is on a small island in the water, thats even better! rest are lovely too, niceone fella.

I love the waterfall photograph.
Although I like all of the others I feel the colours are slightly too bright for me. Not a critiscism, just my feeling.
I really like the moody clouds in number 4 too, thats how I remember the lake district being most of the time.

Thanks for these. I have a date ot two in my diary for March to go back to the lakes for a couple of days. I love No1 and I think I know exactly where you took it from too, I have it programmed in my satnav for my next visit.
Thanks for the inspiration!
(ah and I love Garrion Bridge too, I'm from round there!)

I really like No. 5, I was going to say the waterfall too but I think there are just too many of these shots around whereas No.5 is realatively unique in its character etc.

Love the first two and quit like the third, all really nicle composed and exposed.

Not sure if it's the size or my screen but the last two seem to have really suffered in the post processing they look very flat maybe the lack of shadows doesn't help?

Looks like you got a few decent shots in there and well worth the early rise. My only negative is that I find church shot boring now. Churches are so picturesque that they all look the same after a while. But that's only a subject done-to-death comment, not a negative about your photography ability.

Back