Tonights droplet collision

Name
Rhod
Edit My Images
Yes
Liked the smooth disc on this one:

IMG_0124_ps800a.jpg

Comments and critque appreciated:)

Nice! I like the clean lines in this one!
The small droplet on the right is distracting me tho.

Great shot!

Thanks guys! I wasn't sure about the stray drop but have done a second crop to make it square and exclude it.

Rob - The water was coloured with inkjet ink and about 1 drop/litre rinse aid. The base water is in a whiskey tumbler. HTH

Crop:
IMG_0124_ps700sq1.jpg

Last edited:
Love it, I'm going to have to try this one day when I get a macro lens :)

Very impressive shot. Nice & clean.

Is this through dropping water (Coloured or plain) into a glass of water (Coloured I presume) and taking the shot just after point of contact?

Anyone that might know can answer as I am waiting to go try this whilst I have time on my hands. :)

Ink jet ink I hadn't considered that, I always use food colouring :D can you tell me what's the idea of the rinse aid please :thinking:

That's a much nicer crop (y)

Cheers Matt! The rinse aid lowers the surface tension of the water and hopefully makes for more "fluid" shapes. Adding too much though can lead to a real mess;) 1-2 drops/litre seems to work!

Matt

Love it, I'm going to have to try this one day when I get a macro lens :)

Seen some great ones using a std kit lens. Have a look at the tutorial below;)

Very impressive shot. Nice & clean.

Is this through dropping water (Coloured or plain) into a glass of water (Coloured I presume) and taking the shot just after point of contact?

Anyone that might know can answer as I am waiting to go try this whilst I have time on my hands. :)

Sort of;) You need to drop two or more drops very quickly one after the other. The first forms the spike, the second then collides with it! Have a look at this tutorial:)

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=208624

Back