Top Gear's Richard Hammond injured.

nilagin

Daniel-san
Suspended / Banned
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Richard Hammond was seriously injured today whilst filming for the next series. He was driving a jet powered car which over turned. He was unconcious at the scene, but air lifted to hospital where he has regained consciousnes.

ow! poor sod :(

Hope he's alright.

yikes...hope hes ok

this might have been down the road from my mum and dads, hope he is ok, thought with him and his family. (sorry for any spelling mistakes just finished a bottle of wine on my own)

Love the show and all the presenters. Really hope he's OK :(

Hamster is a breath of fresh air on Top Gear.. :clap:

Sad news indeed. All the best to him and his family.. :(

Get well soon.. (y)

Fingers crossed - the chemistry between them 3 on Top Gear is the best on telly at the moment. I hope he makes a full recovery

Just read on another forum that he is stable, but may have suffered a serious brain injury. Fingers crossed that ain't the case... :(

They've done a brain scan and everything looks OK, hopefully this is the case and he has a speedy recovery.

Hopefully he will make a full recovery and return to TG.

Now all we have to do is locate the BBC underwriter with brown trousers :eek:

Six O'clock news and BBC news online state he has a "significant" brain injury. Conflicting reports all round.

Best wishes :(

Always came across as a very likable decent bloke..I wish him well and I will be thinking of both him and his family...

Poor thing. Fingers crossed for a full and swift recovery and of course all thoughts must be with his wife & kids.

I commented this morning though - assuming he does return to the show - they're going to show that footage, aren't they!!! And you can just hear the comments from the other two as well "What went wrong hamster? Couldn't you reach the pedals?!"

Poor thing. Fingers crossed for a full and swift recovery and of course all thoughts must be with his wife & kids.

I commented this morning though - assuming he does return to the show - they're going to show that footage, aren't they!!! And you can just hear the comments from the other two as well "What went wrong hamster? Couldn't you reach the pedals?!"

They would never do a thing like that imo.

If he agrees to it, which I suspect he would so long as the recovery was complete, I'll bet they would! Obviously if he doesn't make a full recovery then that'd be a different matter.

Hope he makes a fast and complete recovery. As is common with these injuries though it will probably take a few days until they honestly know how severe the damage is.

Well the press release put out by Jeremy Clarkson said..

"We want our hamster back safe and well...." which made me chuckle.

I do hope he makes a full recovery. I never used to like Top Gear (not a big car fan), but he made the program enjoyable and very much watchable for me.

Yes - they have totally revitalised the show haven't they. My other half isn't into cars at all but even he cheerfully sits down to watch it!

Yeah they would. This is Top Gear we're talking about... Look at all the crashes they've already had. As long as he makes it back to the programme in one piece, they'll show it.
Finger's X'd. I like the guy.

News just in, he's been move out of Intensive Care to a High Dependency Unit, and his condition has been downgraded to Serious but stable.

Apparently Clarkson has also said that his opening line on walking up to hamsters bedside yesterday was "You're here because you're a crap driver then?!" which raised a smile!

Excellent news that he's improving. I'm taking "significant brain injury" with a pinch of salt at the moment TBH as just about any injury involving bleeding in the brain is "significant" - what matters is whether the bleeding is reabsorbed by the body, or not. Fingers crossed.

News just in, he's been move out of Intensive Care to a High Dependency Unit, and his condition has been downgraded to Serious but stable.

Fantastic news Marcel.

He has got the whole country talking about him after this accident..:)

He is obviously a people's person and liked by everyone..:) Me included.(y)

Just heard on the news tonight where they show you tomorrows newspapers, that clarkson reports in the Sun that Hamster has walked a few steps.

Great news hopefully, really hope he makes Full recovery

Just heard on the news tonight where they show you tomorrows newspapers, that clarkson reports in the Sun that Hamster has walked a few steps.

Great news hopefully, really hope he makes Full recovery

Yep Fantatstic news. Todays news report was he has managed a few steps and has been moved out of intensive care.

Back