Tornado coming to Walton On The Naze, Essex Saturday 12th August 2017

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
As per the title, Tornado will depart from London at 7.15 am on a non stop run to Walton On The Naze. It will then do shuttle runs between Walton And Colchester.
Further (scant) information can be found on this link https://tornado150.co.uk

David

Looks like a good location to get a shot or two provided the weather is good. Question is, where would you park your car? Car parking in Wivenhoe is dire at the best of times unless you can get away with parking on the University grounds?
I have considered other locations along the route such as the Central Avenue bridge at Frinton and the main B1027 road bridge at Alresford and the other main road at Weeley. But these would be overhead shots with the power cables and gantries getting in the way. The other options would be the level crossings along the route. I've got a bit of time so a bit of further planning and research is in order.

@huffy Thanks for that info it is greatly appreciated. If my memory serves me correctly, isn't there some form of access on Boundary Road just prior to the right hand bend that gives access to the trail? The reason I ask is because I used to drive a school bus through there and recall seeing an access of some description on my left when heading towards Elmsted Road.

Last edited:
There is, looking on the satellite view on google maps its a footpath heading downhill to a pedestrian rail crossing.

Last edited:
Back