Torridon

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Haven't posted for a while, haven't been very active with a camera either. Ran out of new things to shoot so a different approach is maybe required to ignite the passion again.
Had a great week up in Torridon recently with a superb bunch of guys. Here's a small selection of pictures that I've managed to get on to my Flickr page so far.

Took a walk up the Beinn Eighe reserve path with two others where we were treated to excellent conditions between wintery showers. I'm not really a rainbow sort of guy but just had to.

Torridon by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

A different day and a different road. The road to Diabaig this time with Upper Loch Torridon and Ben Damph.

Loch Torridon by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Slioch looking ominous.

Slioch by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

That tree. A common shot from the banks of Loch Maree but without Slioch. No point including it really, it was hidden in the clag.

A Road to Somewhere by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Loch Maree when the light briefly made an appearance.

Loch Maree by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Liathach and a small secluded lochan hidden within the pines of Loch Clair.

Liathach by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for the great viewing pleasure, Scott! (y):):cool:

Thank you folks, really appreciate your kind comments.

Fantastic Scott certainly Epic going on in #1 did you manage to get one with yourself in the frame on that rock rhs foreground looking at the rainbow? great set thanks for sharing!!
I didn't Kevin. It's something I never ever remember to do but if I'm honest seeing myself in the frame would ruin the shot for me. Having a figure where you suggest would have been good though, just not my figure. ;)

If you hadn’t included #1 I would have thought the others were amazing.
Thanks, lots of people liking the first, Flickr went mad for it the day it was uploaded. It's odd because the second is possibly my favourite from the week. Maybe because it's a fleeting moment, what I like to shot the most. The light literally lasted a handful of seconds, it was gone as fast as it appeared. I guess it's one of those you shots where you had to be there.

Cracking set there Scott, and from a beautiful part of the country. It looks like you all had a great time looking at the other images as well. Think No.2 is my favourite, has a lovely ethereal dreamy feel to me.

Cracking set there Scott, and from a beautiful part of the country. It looks like you all had a great time looking at the other images as well. Think No.2 is my favourite, has a lovely ethereal dreamy feel to me.
Cheers Paul. Yeah, it was a great week. No.2 is my favourite.

Amazing photos, especially the first two, of which I can't pick a winner, sort of leaning towards the first but then looking at the second it has a lovely brooding atmosphere about it.

Last edited:
Back