Torside Overflow

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to drag myself out of bed for sunrise on Sunday - had a good idea that there was little chance of actually seeing any sign of the sun though :(

Went over to Torside Reservoir as the wind was very light and I had seen that the overflow was active on a Facebook group I follow.

Drove through fog and rain and was met with more of the same when I arrived just before sunrise. The fog lingered, but luckily the rain stopped for a short period and gave me a chance of a few shots before the rain came back and the wind picked up.

A bit abstract - but it helped to avoid some of the clutter / mess that has been washed down the overflow.

Cascade by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

I see a few images in this cool one, Dave!

Last edited:
Dave

I like that a lot, however I think it might look better if the top of the overflow was a little bit down from the edge of the frame. Just my opinion, not trying to distract from the lovely tones you have.

Pete

Dave

I like that a lot, however I think it might look better if the top of the overflow was a little bit down from the edge of the frame. Just my opinion, not trying to distract from the lovely tones you have.

Pete
Thanks Pete - This is almost the full image. Without using content aware fill I would be stumped to add more.

I have images with more space - but the water is just not as good as in this image :( I wasted a few valuable minutes putting my midge net on - wish I had just got bitten now ;)

Last edited:
"Excellent" shot Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

Cool shot Dave

Brilliant. Great lines.

Back