(TOTAL) currys 10% off voucher makes the Nikon D800 £1,837 !!

Name
Sammi
Edit My Images
No
Currys have an offer for 10% off all electrical orders over £499,
Takes the D800 to just £1,837 which is crazy!

Voucher ends today though so be quick!

I wish i had funds to secure one of these at this price!

Sammi

The code, when entered does say "Excluding Apple products, DSLR cameras & Rangestyle Cookers." However 10% does get taken off the price at checkout.
I think the ALL499 code just excluded Rangestyle Cookers.

Last edited:
Yes, that quite strange...says excluding apple products and DSLR cameras and yet it deducts the 10% = £204 which brings it down to £1837. I wonder if PCWorld will renage on the deal when it comes to being processed.
Dave

Yes, that quite strange...says excluding apple products and DSLR cameras and yet it deducts the 10% = £204 which brings it down to £1837. I wonder if PCWorld will renage on the deal when it comes to being processed.
Dave

I used PCW499 and ordered over the phone. They never said that the discount wasn't applicable to DSLRs and I'm expecting delivery tomorrow.

I'll let you know.

Holy f€#$

clicked on this bargains thread by mistake and saw this code.

Using the logic to SWMBO that they're normally upwards of 2k and the code expires tomorrow, can I get it today! Unbelievably she said yes!! 30 seconds later, the cur499 code, a D800 has been ordered!

Delivery this week!

Such a shame that with the discount code on the d600 it just makes currys price competitive and not any cheaper :(

I used PCW499 and ordered over the phone. They never said that the discount wasn't applicable to DSLRs and I'm expecting delivery tomorrow.

I'll let you know.

I ordered online on Thursday, got an email on Friday saying they'd tried to contact me.
I thought they were going to cancel the order, but it was just a security check, as its a high value item.
I haven't had a dispatch email, but got one saying preparing your order for dispatch.
So fingers crossed.

I ordered online on Thursday, got an email on Friday saying they'd tried to contact me.
I thought they were going to cancel the order, but it was just a security check, as its a high value item.
I haven't had a dispatch email, but got one saying preparing your order for dispatch.
So fingers crossed.

Similar experience for me. I did get an email yesterday saying they were preparing my order for delivery on Monday. I'll report tomorrow if it arrives.

Hpe it all works out OK. I would be interested to see what your serial numbers are
ie: 605xxx;606xxx or higher
Dave

nikonuser said:
Hpe it all works out OK. I would be interested to see what your serial numbers are
ie: 605xxx;606xxx or higher
Dave

Are those the ones with the left sided AF sorted?

Well, I have read that anything over 606xxx should be OK but that's not cast in stone and serial number less than this have been found to have no left AF issues so I guess need to check every D800 for the problem.

Similar experience for me. I did get an email yesterday saying they were preparing my order for delivery on Monday. I'll report tomorrow if it arrives.

Forgot to mention, If you go via Topcashback, you get £23.19 back as well.
Someone who got one from Currys last week had serial number 6060***

Last edited:
Mine arrived today. Serial number 6066***.
Could have been better packed though.

Well done Mark, hope there are no AF issues
dave

Really tempting for a D7000, takes it down to just over £630 and then by using topcashback, get 1.51% back as well.

Really tempting for a D7000, takes it down to just over £630 and then by using topcashback, get 1.51% back as well.

you had better be quick discount ends tonight

Mine arrived today. Serial number 6066***.

My camera hasn't arrived. After several fruitless calls to them, and despite being told they would call me back, I finally established that their "system" had been down and consequently their courier failed to collect the package!!!

Apparently because of this "system failure" I was never sent a tracking ref.
I have since been told that the "system" is now back online, and I will shortly receive my tracking information. Needless to say, since I paid for delivery on a specified date (today) I've told them I want reimbursing for the delivery charge, to which they have agreed.

Watch this space!

My camera hasn't arrived. After several fruitless calls to them, and despite being told they would call me back, I finally established that their "system" had been down and consequently their courier failed to collect the package!!!

Apparently because of this "system failure" I was never sent a tracking ref.
I have since been told that the "system" is now back online, and I will shortly receive my tracking information. Needless to say, since I paid for delivery on a specified date (today) I've told them I want reimbursing for the delivery charge, to which they have agreed.

Watch this space!

Mine was collected yesterday, and delivered today. I got the dispatch and tracking information after it had been delivered.

Anyone know what courier company they use.. I always have to collect from depot and it is yodal thats 35 miles away

thanks

Anyone know what courier company they use.. I always have to collect from depot and it is yodal thats 35 miles away

thanks

I have the tracking info now. The courier is DPD.

thank you. they are 40 miles away in gloucester as well. Thats £15 of petrol to collect the damn thing and 2 hours driving

It may sound like a silly question, but how to you check for the LH focusing problem?

Well my package arrived at 11:30 am today. All seems OK at first glance, but have had no time for a "proper" look.

I agree could have been better packaged. Just the basic box in a plastic bag. A wrapping of bubble wrap around the box before inserting in the bag would have been appreciated.

thank you. they are 40 miles away in gloucester as well. Thats £15 of petrol to collect the damn thing and 2 hours driving

I had a DPD delivery yesterday, they emailed me to tell me when it would be delivered.

The email said it would be delivered by Steve, between 9:47 and 10:47.....

It turned up at 10:02 (y)

Hi Steve
when did you get the email in relation to the delivery.

I might just go into work late when its due ...

Well my package arrived at 11:30 am today. All seems OK at first glance, but have had no time for a "proper" look.

I agree could have been better packaged. Just the basic box in a plastic bag. A wrapping of bubble wrap around the box before inserting in the bag would have been appreciated.

Yes,
I expected an outer box filled with polystyrene chips. Instead, just a polystyrene bag for a £2k camera.

greenoak said:
Hi Steve
when did you get the email in relation to the delivery.

I might just go into work late when its due ...

DPD normally update tracking on the morning of delivery to show a 1 hour window. If they have your mobile number you usually get a text the day before advising you of a delivery the next day with an option to change the date and then another text on the morning of the delivery giving the time slot.

Order placed late Monday and I've not heard a dickie bird from currys since. Grrrr

Back