Totally disgusting south London police

I'm not a great fan of the police myself, and certainly not of the senior ranks - but let's be realistic - their jobs are becoming more and more complex and they are having to work with reduced resources. It simply isn't true to say that they have become worse in the last 4-5 years, in fact they have become more efficient and seem to me to be trying much harder than, say, 20 years ago.

From experience in Birmingham police won't even want to hear you out unless someone is dead or a nasty tweet was sent.

In fact there are many dead and more mutilated in London but they do too little to prevent crime. I know it is not a fault of an individual officer, who is probably assigned to sit in the bushes with a hair drier in the hand. Its a failure of the whole system, funding, and more.

They certainly were a lot more receptive and helpful a decade ago.

From experience in Birmingham police won't even want to hear you out unless someone is dead or a nasty tweet was sent.

In fact there are many dead and more mutilated in London but they do too little to prevent crime. I know it is not a fault of an individual officer, who is probably assigned to sit in the bushes with a hair drier in the hand. Its a failure of the whole system, funding, and more.

They certainly were a lot more receptive and helpful a decade ago.
Do you really think that the average copper would rather nick someone for speeding than stop a murder?

Do you really think that the average copper would rather nick someone for speeding than stop a murder?
You could have saved yourself 14 words there.

I'm afraid an average copper doesn't get to choose what they are assigned to do. And in fact sitting in an X5 all day is a rather attractive proposition to many.

That £100000 would have come from the local public :eek:

Conned pensioners and burglaries, perchance?

It’s possible but a breakdown would help.

When I do my HMRC returns, VAT etc I have to do a clear account, no perhaps.

Am genuinely interested in where this additional ‘cost’ comes from and how specifically it is apportioned to the ‘locals’ beyond what they already pay.

Seems pluvked out of the air as per usual. Similar to the NHS sending texts to patirnts about the cost (not price) of not attending clinics when most clinics overbook appointments to cover non appearances which means the fixed overheads are not affected and ‘extra’ costs are continually unspecified whilst slid down the diary.

Usual non-specific ‘accountancy’. I wish I could run my business that way and offset my tax burdens .

I highly doubt this family do tax returns.

They would not be paying anyway. That said you are quite correct, bit difficult to deliver a bill, same as the local taxpayers will not recive a bill either.

Fair point. I think that it's also true to say that lavish funerals are very much a part of the traveller culture, for example the amount of money spent on funerals for the murdered Philpott children, and going back still further, on the funeral of Fred Barras, killed by Tony Martin in broadly similar circumstances - there never seems to be any shortage of hard cash, and of course when the cash comes from the proceeds of crime, free of tax and N.I. contributions, there is far more of it about.

I used to work across the road from a funeral directors, the days of traveller funerals were always obvious, extra cars from other branches, horse drawn hearses, masses of flowers.

Read last week that the burglars mother and father have also supposedly conned another pensioner into selling his farm on the cheap?

Not that many facts available but overall just seems like a family living by conning pensioners.

Last edited:
Read last week that the burglars mother and father have also supposedly conned another pensioner into selling his farm on the cheap?

Not that many facts available but overall just seems like a family living on the illegal gains of pensioners.

You may want to edit your last sentence.... how do you know the pensioners wer living on illegal gains?

Try ‘a family living on the money they have illegally obtained by conning innocent pensioners’

You may want to edit your last sentence.... how do you know the pensioners wer living on illegal gains?

Try ‘a family living on the money they have illegally obtained by conning innocent pensioners’

"Illegal gains from pensioners" would work as well ;)

"Illegal gains from pensioners" would work as well ;)

I was trying to be distinctive as opposed to DM mockrage style! [emoji39]

Back