Totally Random Question...

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
But what do they do with GIBLETS nowadays? They used to come neatly packed inside the chicken, but now you don't get them, so what do they do with them, and why did they stop selling them with the chicken?

Told you it was totally random :LOL: :nuts:

I don't think chickens have giblets anymore , I think the goverment had them GM modified to remove them.

Apparently they're going to do it to men next :(

;)

Ha ha! Haven't clue.... probably not nice knowing either Min!

I know how these things irritate though. For years I puzzled this:-

When you wash pure wool and put it out in the sun to dry it shrinks! Why, when sheep get wet in a field and the sun comes out, don't they get squashed up inside their shrinking woolly coats?

As I said, been pondering for years and have funny visions of shrunken sheep in fields. But, this year I found out! Yay.... :clap:

Giblets? Dunno..... :shrug:

I don't know why they don't put them in (most) chickens these days, but I am awful glad. My hubby once cooked our Christmas Turkey with the bag of giblets firmly still in place :shake: what a Christmas meal that was! all the trimmings minus the turkey! :LOL:

why would you want them?:puke:

I thought you could still get them but there were two different types of chickens you could buy, with and without giblets (not two different types of actual chickens).

I think I am going to regret this, but what actually are Giblets. Being a veggy my whole life means I have a big lack of knowledge in these areas :(

I think I am going to regret this, but what actually are Giblets. Being a veggy my whole life means I have a big lack of knowledge in these areas :(

Yes, you probably will regret asking the question...Giblets are the offal bits (ie heart, kidneys, liver) and the neck. People used to boil them to make chicken stock for gravy. They used to come in a little bag inside the chicken.

Archipeligo

Totally random answer :D

Yes, you probably will regret asking the question...Giblets are the offal bits (ie heart, kidneys, liver) and the neck. People used to boil them to make chicken stock for gravy. They used to come in a little bag inside the chicken.

I cooked Xmas dinner for the first time ever last year and I (bravely) made the gravy the traditional way - I boiled the gibblets and added the cooking juice from the turkey with a little port and some cornflower. Everyone commented that it was the best gravy they had ever had! :D

They still do, dont they? (Some chickens anyway).

But that still begs the question, what do they do with the giblets from the giblet-free chickens? Do they double up the giblets on the with-giblet chickens?
That would be like shoving another chickens neck and bits up its backside...bit perverse doncha think?

I usually bin em if we get one with em in.

I reckon they end up being ground and made into nuggets (Not any particular brand of course ;))

chickens we buy still have them inside, or they wouldnt be able to run about before you chop their heads off.

Giblets make the best gravy, and chicken liver and hearts are yummy chopped up and put in the chicken pie, the dog used to get the neck.

What do you think is in all those tubs of Bisto? :bonk:

I think Burger King also buy up all the bits for their burgers .... :LOL:

My lawyers are on standby.

:canon:

Bisto gravy is mostly (if not all) veggie, the onion granules, a fried red onion and a teaspoon of marmite makes a fab veggie gravy!!!(you can add a dash of tabasco too) have fed this to meat eating guests with Cauldron linconshire veggie sausages and they not noticed it was all pretend! :LOL: (added creamy butter mashed pots and peas! YUMMY)

spent a morning preparing giblets, the tricky bit (other than not puking) was making sure you don't cut the bowel which is next to the liver.
what did i do in the afternoon? went back to my temp job in the tax office, no real difference!
pbh

whats a chicken :thinking:

I thought a giblet was a small furry mouse like animal :shrug:

A workmate reckons he gets his giblets out on the beach when he goes away on holiday. Just the thought of it makes me feel ill. Must look very fetching combined with his nobbly knees, pot belly and man boobs. (I kid you not).

A workmate reckons he gets his giblets out on the beach when he goes away on holiday. Just the thought of it makes me feel ill. Must look very fetching combined with his nobbly knees, pot belly and man boobs. (I kid you not).

:LOL: :LOL: That really puts a whole different take on having giblets in the chicken :puke:

Back