Toy Town Dubai.

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
A bit of 'tilt-shift' trickery for you, although some work better than others ...

Toytown_tiltshift.jpg

Toy_Boats_01_tiltshift.jpg

Boat_01_Tiltshift.jpg

Fakery_01_tiltshift.jpg

New_Creek_tiltshift.jpg

All done using this freeware, BTW ;) ... http://tiltshiftmaker.com/photo-editing.php

I'm not sure these work as well as they would have you been at a high vantage point.

How did you enjoy your trip there? Did you get a chance to pop over to Abu Dhabi?

I'm not sure these work as well as they would have you been at a high vantage point.

How did you enjoy your trip there? Did you get a chance to pop over to Abu Dhabi?

That's probably true, but I was in a boat for most of them :p.

I was actually there in February, but I was looking at these pics again and thought that they might make a good subject for this tilt-shift software. Funny that you should mention Abu Dhabi, as I was offered a job there this morning by a friend who's been out there a couple of years, which is what inspired me to look at my Dubai pics again :naughty:.

I saw something similar a short time ago and I really like this use of a T&S. Very interesting and I can see there is scope to do some pretty arty stuff with it. I want one!

I saw something similar a short time ago and I really like this use of a T&S. Very interesting and I can see there is scope to do some pretty arty stuff with it. I want one!

It wasn't done with a T&S lens, it was an ordinary lens manipulted with the freeware on this website http://tiltshiftmaker.com/photo-editing.php.

You don't even have to register or download anything to use it :shrug:.

Lived in Abu Dhabi for a couple of years and a regular visitor...crazy place. Think hard before taking a job though...sounds glamourous but plenty of issues.

It wasn't done with a T&S lens, it was an ordinary lens manipulted with the freeware on this website http://tiltshiftmaker.com/photo-editing.php.

You don't even have to register or download anything to use it :shrug:.

I think these kind of shots are interesting and quirky, they do look better from an elevated position though. Did you know this technique can also be done in Photoshop in a few simple steps? there are a few tutorials online.

Lived in Abu Dhabi for a couple of years and a regular visitor...crazy place. Think hard before taking a job though...sounds glamourous but plenty of issues.

It's OK, I turned the offer down right away ;). I have three friends working out there and have heard about their 'issues' - it's not what I want from life! To be honest, living in Germany is enough of an adventure for me and there are far more good beer drinking opportunities here (y).

I think these kind of shots are interesting and quirky, they do look better from an elevated position though. Did you know this technique can also be done in Photoshop in a few simple steps? there are a few tutorials online.

No, I didn't know that, but I was thinking to myself that you could get the same effect by masking off two strips and adding a generous amount of gaussian blur to them :shrug:!?

There's really no substitue for a proper TS lens though, IMO :|.

im not sure is the two from the Madinat work. the last one maybe but the first one just doesnt have the angle.

the one up from that, with the boat, looks good though. makes me think of thunderbirds! lol

If you're out there now, try the Marina (Jebel Ali side of Dubai)

if you can get a good angle there, with the 25+ towers it could work well!

you just expect the thunderbird island to open up ...and then " thunderbirds are go"(y)

Back