Toying around through boredom

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
I was bored this evening so I thought I would have a play with a few pics, a bit extreme I admit, just wondered what others thought.

RR.jpg

AM.jpg

#1 is really nice Kris..:)

I normally nip off to the toilet with a girly mag when im bored, so i salute you sir.
Great pictures.
Dean:)

I really like the processing in both of these but the Aston is the winner for me :clap:

They look 'cool' if thats the right word to use, nuff said, the processing is spot on.

wowzers - very nice :)

I like them all for different reasons and wish I could do this kind of stuff when bored!

Think the Aston is absolutely stunning, would be nice to see the original to compare to (y)

sorry but the first one grates with me, I don't like twisted shots, whether they're rally cars, 4x4s or motorbikes

. . . and that's bad driving technique if it was a real hill of that gradient, never go across and never turn up (on grass too :wacky:) if there is a straight route directly up the hill available.

If you really must rotate a parked 4x4 to make it look as if its going up the side of the eiger then please make sure there are no trees in the background or sedge grass in the foreground.

pedant mode off.

great processing on the aston shot, like the atmosphere

Cheers Wookie, good job I wasn't driving it then huh, lol

It was not my intention to make it look like its going up the hill, just thats its parked on it, otherwise there would be movement in the shot. Not what I am doing, more what I can do.

Thanks for the input

Thanks for that Liberalis, so new to all this and just wanted to see before and after and that is some transformation. Ive been looking around at many photos to get ideas for various techniques and styles but had it in my head that it was a one shot deal, i.e. if the photo comes out a bit poor its hard cheese. Things like the yellow steel work on the roof of the car would have been a real pi55er and something you probably wouldnt see until later. Thats some really good editing and a definate eye opener. So much more to good photos than people realise. Ive played alot with photoshop in the past and had some pretty good results, cant wait to get my new camera and get out there snapping as much as I can to get some experience under my belt. Just nice to know that all s not lost and a few tweaks here and there can create such amazing results, dont get me wrong I reckon theres a hell of a lot to learn before I could even start to think about getting results like the above but its good to have targets.
Do you stick to one main software package or do you use various ones?
thanks
Steve

Hey no worries, you will find many of people here only too willing to lend a hand or an idea.

Its the goal to get thing right in camera first, but if it helps I have at my disposal, CS3 and PSPx, plus a few other bits and bobs.

Back