TP Day 2011 - Entries Thread - Slideshow now out!

Not a technically great photo, but I like taking motion shots, and seeing as my kids were sitting still (for a change!) eating fish and chips, this was a good chance for an action shot. Taken early evening, just for the record!

The Right Side of the Limit by rusticalex, on Flickr

Last edited:
I had all sorts of grand plans for today's picture. Last year I got up at 2.30 and marched for an hour across the beach in the dark so I get set up in the right position to get a good sunrise shot. That was scuppered when the sunrise was the most boring in ages. This year I'd planned to try again but my plans were scuppered when my appendix burst last week. Fortunately I got out of Hospital on Monday but my horizons are somewhat limited so I've ended up with a shot of a flower growing alongside the rear entrance to the house.

Taken at 4.18 this afternoon.

Flowers by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

21.15pm the barn owl never showed so nothing special just a sunset silhouette

DSC_6336_edited-1.jpg

I hesitated before posting this. The entries so far are fabulous. Here goes -

Patrick my 2yr old Paterdale. Taken 8pm today

Patrick.jpg

Been looking after my little boy all day while the missus sleeps off a night shift, so it's only now I've actually had a chance to shoot something. Funnily enough, my boy pretty much left things as you see them, although I do admit to tweaking things a little (and clearing up - it was a mess!). He's soo special to me, this one's dedicated to him.... Hope it fits in with the theme of the day :)

Donkey Derby by Pat MacInnes, on Flickr

pah and I've always been told that Women can multitask.

I provide you with Ladies and Gents of TP, incontrovertible evidence as to otherwise

Multitasking Mum

multitaskingmum.jpg

Taken this afternoon at the wedding of Toni and Blue which I "seconded" for Don Slimbert.

Plenty of others, however will with until DonS has posted some.

C&C Welcomed.

My effort. Just playing with my little girl in the garden.

p222344739-6.jpg

There's some brilliant examples of photography in this thread, I never cease to be amazed at the talent on TP

Quick question, has anyone else tried to email off there image and received a failure notice I have checked and I did use the correct address :shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT

Today wasnt a photography day for me, but it included a visit to see our grandsons. The three of them were playing on a trampoline so it seemed a good opportunity for a picture. My photographic preference is natural history so this is rather out of my normal field, but then, looking at it again, maybe it does come under the guise of wild life :D

Grandson Jacob by Trev4 Photography, on Flickr

Dianne imo there was no need to hesitate (and that goes for anyone lurking around debating if they should post or not) way I see it this is a day to post a picture that means something special to you right here right now. Your lovely dog looking adoringly at you is a perfect example.

Some people may have enjoyed taking a trip to find that perfect shot, some may have caught it, some not, but that's the nature of photography you plan and you plan (like the convalescing Mr Mike Jackson) and sometimes the gods smile at you and sometimes they go "ha ha". It's not the destination it's the journey and all that jazz.

Others wanted to post personal moment or subject that means something special, this day won't happen again and everyone sharing it is a lovely thing.

tl:dr let the pictures flow

There's some brilliant examples of photography in this thread, I never cease to be amazed at the talent on TP

Quick question, has anyone else tried to email off there image and received a failure notice I have checked and I did use the correct address :shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT

I just tried to sent mine and got a failure notice aswell.

mine, decided that my daily stroll was part of my day, so thats what i choose to shoot

didnt come out as i'd intended though

afternoonstroll by Scarlet Mango, on Flickr

Well, I'm putting this in because it doesn't so much represent my passion but rather my frustration with photography at the moment.
Hopefully next year I will be able to submit an image I am happy with and look back fondly on my personal strop with my hobby. :bang:

Btw, it's an old disused windmill at Cramlington, Northumberland.

42612106.jpg

Salesbury cricket profesional Susantha Pradeep taken this afternoon in a ribblesdale league match against Edenfield.. Pradeep batted the whole innings and got 164 runs but the background for his bowling makes the pic for me so I used this instead of a batting shot... Sports is what i do and It's all Cricket at the moment :)

TP_cricket_july_2nd.jpg

Adam,

Gorgeous car - black suits it... can't help but feel though if you had stood eight feet or so to the right, would have been a very very very special car.......;)

Hey all! Simply fantastic entries thus far!

Have requested Marcel and Mattys attention on the mailbox issue asap. Please keep your eye on the thread and OP :)

Hey all! Simply fantastic entries thus far!

Have requested Marcel and Mattys attention on the mailbox issue asap. Please keep your eye on the thread and OP :)

Good good as I tried as well, from 2 different emails and same response --- I assume commenting on +ve's pics in this thread is fine, but no harsh crit*..... ;) as already been on the naughty step this week, but feel the need to comment on some great pics.........

* with the exception of Slimbert's -(not yet here) which is "open season" in my hunting diary! ;)

good stuff guys n gals... just sorting which to upload right now.... i'm assuming we don't want any watermarks on anything? :shrug:

IMG_3044_800_wide_TP_upload.JPG

10.53 AM on the Goodwood Festival of Speed rally stage.

I'm still a bit amazed I took this, not a single pixel cropped or added!!

Are we allowed to change our image after posting?, it's late and I have some others to look at so may find something else I like better.

David

ok, so after an uneventful day of photography i come home and chill in the garden with a beer and a ciggy.... :D

TP Day 2011 by leftcurl, on Flickr

taken at 22:53

This was taken at my cousins wedding. The next generation of photographers! Taken at 12.30pm ish.

IMG_7085.jpg

OK - Here's my shot for today. It was almost my last shot from the Aldershot Army Garrison show. Lovely bunch of guys from Ghana, Kenya, Fiji and Jamaica.

drummer.jpg

Well.. I was aiming for something a little more exotic but it.. didn't happen, simple as that :D

However, this little blackbird is still a good example of my passion (anything animals!), and also I think shows how far I've come aince my (now looking very poor!) entry last year.

TP Day 2011 by Gemma_littlemonster, on Flickr

Taken at 5:30PM (ok 2 seconds after :D)

Last edited:
Back