TP Film postcard project...

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
This idea is blatantly stolen from rangefinderforum but I really like it so here goes...

Basically we gather a group of like minded people together and each produce a postcard which we send to every one of the other participants. If 20 people sign up then you send out 19 cards and receive 19 different ones in return. I think its a nice idea and gives you a chance to see other people's work prints (in a small 6x4 format I know) which would be nice.

What I would propose is that we take a theme- in this case where you live and give ourselves 1 month to shoot, develop and have the cards made. We can then send out the cards at the end of that month and see the results!

Sound interesting? It will also give some of us with limited shooting time something to aim for. If you want in, please say so in this thread. I reckon a minimum of 10 and max of about 20 would be good numbers.

Details

Theme: where you live. Please feel free to interpret this in any way you see fit!

I think we can then take 1 month to get our shots and also get the postcards printed. We can aim to send them out by Thursday the 1st of March that would be great.

Please feel free to start shooting before then however, as there are no strict time limits on when your picture is taken.

Participants

1. menthel
  2. Marvin d martian
  3. RaglanSurf
  4. puggie
  5. raathistle
  6. Alan Clogwyn
  7. robhooley167
  8. Alasdair
  9. Gandhi
  10. Andysnap
  11. Joenail
  12. offline
  13. Geordi69
  14. Tricky69
  15. desf
  16. jST
  17. Only2Eyes

Last edited:
I'm in, should be a laugh :LOL:

Mart

Jim you have way too much time on your hands :LOL:

But it's a cracking idea and mad enough to work without the danger of losing another camera.

RaglanSurf said:
Jim you have way too much time on your hands :LOL:

But it's a cracking idea and mad enough to work without the danger of losing another camera.

Just a bit of thinking time. My job doesn't require very much of my brain to do it! I figure if this works out it could be taken into TP more widely and have little cohorts doing them with different themes.

It's also cos I am fed up of staring at computer screens and would like to see something more tangible!

I'm in. I've been enviously watching the RFF thread as well. It's just a shame were not such a geographically diverse forum as RFF, but 19 postcards from the uk would be nice anyway

I'm in. I've been enviously watching the RFF thread as well. It's just a shame were not such a geographically diverse forum as RFF, but 19 postcards from the uk would be nice anyway

Agreed, I think theming them also should give diversity geographically and also from people's different interpretation!

Sounds interesting,what the hell I'm in!

Names added!

This looks good, I'm In :D

How does postcard printing work then? I've been meaning to look at this anyway as I have (potentially exclusive) access to a couple of local outlets but I haven't got as far as looking for short-run postcard printers.

Oh, and count me in :D

It's just a shame were not such a geographically diverse forum as RFF, but 19 postcards from the uk would be nice anyway

Not all from the UK, if we can encourage him to take part I believe Andysnap comes from the strange and far off land of Cheshire.

Depending which month is chosen.. it might get folk on their travels further afield..

Not all from the UK, if we can encourage him to take part I believe Andysnap comes from the strange and far off land of Cheshire.

Well of all the bloomin' cheek. I'll have you know I'm a Mercian and proud of it, not like you Wessex boys with your fancy-dan indoor toilets and roads that aren't knee deep in shi..........ooops.

Just for that you can count me in as well, I'll show you just how grim it is oop north.(y)

Andy

Count me in too (y)

Are you thinking proper postcards with things on the back (I know lots about postcards!) or just a 6x4 print mounted on some thin card or something?

-J

Last edited:
All added.

I think we will take a maximum of 20 this round. It will (hopefully!) keep the costs down. As to how you put together your postcard, its up to you really. 6x4 prints mounted, postcards made (moo seem to do them) or even wet prints (bonkers!), just as long as it will survive the postal system really. Also try to keep them non-rude as they will have to go through the postal system! Hopefully it should cost no more than £20 all in per person and could be done for much less.

I think I'll do wet prints :D

Free paper, quiet time away from my noisy housemates... Seems like a logical decision to me :D

20 cards seem to be £10.19 at Moo, quite reasonable I think.

Andy

Andysnap said:
20 cards seem to be £10.19 at Moo, quite reasonable I think.

Andy

That was my initial thought. I haven't used them before but they get good reports over their quality. Those plus stamps should come in at around £20 or so!

The other option is to print out own but I can't find any postcard stock anywhere.

just a quick question !

Does it have to be x number of post cards of the same image or can it be x number of postacrds with a different image on each?
I suppose this depends on how you do the postcards and what services may be available. As I know with Moo business / greeting / name cards you can pick any number of different images to use !

just a quick question !

Does it have to be x number of post cards of the same image or can it be x number of postacrds with a different image on each?
I suppose this depends on how you do the postcards and what services may be available. As I know with Moo business / greeting / name cards you can pick any number of different images to use !

The plan was for it to be the same image. Less onerous that way.

For those of us in the dark ages Ilford still stock MGIV RC Portfolio in 6X4 postcard stock!

For those of us in the dark ages Ilford still stock MGIV RC Portfolio in 6X4 postcard stock!

It looks like those in the dark ages have one over the figital amongst us. I cannot find any postcard stock to inkjet print onto, its silly!

It looks like those in the dark ages have one over the figital amongst us. I cannot find any postcard stock to inkjet print onto, its silly!

Avery 5389 or DECAdry OCB3325.

But I think the restriction may be the paperweight that home printers will take.

Last edited:
Go on then ... count me in too :)

you have my details (y)

Just a note on this- I will be closing entry next Wednesday (25th of Jan).

I think we can then take 1 month to get our shots and also get the postcards printed. We can aim to send them out by Thursday the 1st of March that would be great.

Please feel free to start shooting before then however, as there are no strict time limits on when your picture is taken.

So, 6 more spaces, come and get them!

Is there any specific theme or time limit you're going for?

Is there any specific theme or time limit you're going for?

Its in the post above yours and in the first one. Theme is loosely 'where you live'- interpreted however you want. I have set a loose date of posting out your postcard on the 1st of March but there is of course some leeway in that.

Back